ten

Parker Elise Leon

Friday came quick and I was excited to sit on my couch and watch Netflix with a big tub of ice cream in my lap. I was walking to my car when I was shoved over and I squealed at the impact of the concrete on my chin and hands and knees. I slowly stood up and turned to the culprit.

"What the duck, Chloe?" I screeched quietly, trying to wipe away the blood from my chin. It was all over me and the ground. "You can't even cuss. What a lame excuse of a person." She shoved me down again and this time I didn't do anything but get up and walk away.

"If I was a lame excuse of a person, why are you talking to me? Why are you trying to associate yourself with me? Just leave me alone." I opened my car door and slipped inside. I saw Gabe's worried look and furrowed eyebrows and shook my head. Chloe turned to him and linked their arms after innocently blinking at him. I looked down, not wanting to see her hanging on him. Is this jealousy? I cannot like that boy, it will be the death of me probably.

A knock was on the other window making me jump ten feet in the air. I looked over and unlocked the door for him. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry sweetheart." Sweetheart? That's new. I smiled sadly at him with a shrug.

"It's okay." I start the drive to my house, knowing he probably doesn't want to go home. "It's not, I saw the whole thing. I could've stopped her before it even happened." He pinched the bridge of his nose as his blonde hair flopped over his forehead. "Don't sweat it, she's done worse things to me." I knew my hands and chin were bleeding and they hurt so bad, but I tried to pay attention to something else.

"Fuck, Parker. You're bleeding bad." The way my name rolled off his tongue does something to me. Especially after a cuss word. Holy. "I'll clean myself up at home, I'm fine." I pulled into my driveway and got out quickly, not forgetting our bags in the backseat.

"Sit on the counter." I hopped up and waited for him to take the first aid kit from my hand. We were currently in my bedroom's ensuite and he demanded that he cleaned me up. I mean, I wasn't completely opposed to it because his hands on me would be the least of my worries. Oh my god, shut up Parker.

"I'm gonna beat that bootyhole up when she least expects it." I mumble, letting him bandage my palms first. He chuckled, which was such a nice sound. I've never heard him laugh before and it's quite frankly the best sound ever. "And I'll have the front row seat." He responded quietly, moving into my chin. I smiled as I looked away from him as he inched closer to my face. So close that I might just- alright, that's enough.

"Can I ask you something?" He pipes up, making me smirk. "You just did." My smart remark made him roll his eyes as he put some disinfectant on my chin. I winced at the sting and held onto his forearm tightly. "Go ahead." I whisper, closing my eyes from the pain as he cleans the blood away.

"What happened between you and your parents?" I could tell he was hesitant as he talked quietly and slowly. I knew this would have come up sooner or later. "Nothing really happened, they're just workaholics. They've never been with me, like at all. My grandparents were actually more of my parents than the real ones. I basically live alone because my mom and dad are always on business trips for months on end and they only came home for three days to a week," my story paused as I winced again at the pressure he was putting on my face.

"Anyways, our relationship got super messed up when I got to high school because I finally realized that it wasn't normal for families to be like that and I blew up at them for the first time in my life then. They've only stopped by the house twice since last year. I always assume the worst, so I basically think they don't come home because of me." I saw him shake his head as he discarded bandaid rappers.

"What's there not to like about you?" He asks lowly, seeming angered and bothered by it all. I simply just shrug instead of vocally replying. "No offense, but your parents are idiots. Who wouldn't want to hang out with you?" I could tell my cheeks were bright red just by the heat on them and the way he smugly grinned. I rolled my eyes as he stepped closer to me from the trashcan. His big hands were on either side of my thighs and his eyes were staring right into mine.

"Did you know that the new boy stole my best friend from me?" I grumbled, trying to break the heavy tension in the room. He furrowed his eyebrows. "They're dating or something and she keeps ditching me for him. I thought it was chicks before dicks." He shook his head with a small smile on his face.

"You'll be fine. But, if not, then I'm here and I can be your best friend." Ugh, shut up. I shoved his face away in disgust. "Who would want to be your best friend?" I question jokingly, watching as an offended look takes over his face.

"I'll have you know I am a good person when you get to know me." Yeah, I haven't noticed. The smiles never left our faces as we continued to insult each other.

"You want to go get some Wendy's?" I ask, hopping off the counter. He shrugged, stuffing his hands into his sweatshirt pocket. "Sure. I don't have money on me though." I waved him off as I grabbed my wallet from my backpack. I slipped my shoes back on as he did and we both walked out of the house together, though I stayed back to lock the doors and stuff. The last thing I need is someone breaking in.