eleven

Parker Elise Leon

"Can I have two twenty-piece spicy nuggets, a large chocolate frosty, and a large coke, please?" The boy on the intercom did whatever he needed to and then repeated my order to me. I pulled up to the window and gave him my credit card for the food. The boy was handsome and had pretty eyes, but there's no way he could compare to the one sitting next to me.

"What happened to you?" Okay, I take it back; the boy is not handsome anymore. "Why do you need to know?" I scrunched my nose at him as he shrugged rudely. "Just wondering, because you look hit." He chuckled, making my mouth drop as he gave me my card back.

"Listen here, dude, I don't even know you but I should get you fired for your amazing customer service. Maybe it should've been you who got thrown into concrete by mean girls. I'm sure anyone could do it to you with your twig body." I spat, making him flinch and hurry to give me my food. What a grasshole!

"Yeah, be scared you skinny q-tip." Gabe laughed from beside me as the boy looked red and regretful. "I'm giving you a bad rating on yelp and naming it 'skinny q-tip boy named Roger. Who names their child Roger?" I asked before driving off and angrily munching on a fry. It was hot so I blew out as I chewed, if you know what I mean.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Gabriel was laughing next to me as I gave him a side-eye. "That grasshole deserved it." I huffed, stopping at a red light. The car next to us had a bunch of boys in it and they were all staring at me as I hungrily ate multiplier fries at once. I narrowed my eyes at them as they laughed at me. "What is up with the rude dudes today?" They all stopped and I'm sure it's because Gabe leaned forward and looked at them. "I hate boys." Gabe glanced at me before flipping the boys off as I drove away.

"Hey, put that down!" I smacked his finger, successfully hurting him and making him groan. "Why do you hate me?" He asks, rubbing his hand. Part of him was serious, probably because of my earlier comment about hating boys. "I don't hate you, because you're a man. I said I hated boys." Did I seriously just say that? You've got to be kidding me.

After his silence, I glanced at him to see he had a smirk on his face as his arms were crossed cockily and his face was looking out the windshield. "Your ego just grew ten feet. I can feel it." He laughed at my comment as I looked back at the road. "You said it, not me." His voice is so smooth and pretty, I could listen to it all day, everyday.

"When do you want me to take you home?" His mood soured and I regretted asking. His shoulders shrugged and a frown overtook his smile. "Not taking you home tonight, got it." I tapped the steering wheel as I tried to rid myself of the awkward feeling. "Sorry, home is just a sore subject for me." I nod, fully understanding and partially knowing.

"I know, that's why I don't ask about it. I'm sorry for bringing it up." He threw me a small, sad smile as I pulled into my driveway.

"Thanks for the snacks." He said, shoving a whole nugget into his mouth. I stared at him with wide eyes as he chewed. "What?" his mouth was full as he spoke, making me giggle as his voice was muffled. Sure, it lacked manners, but it's just us and to me it shows that he's comfortable with me. It made me feel special, seeing as I'm one of the only people he really talks to. "Nothing." I reply, eating a bite of one of my own nuggets after dipping it into the barbecue sauce they gave us. Or should I say, the sauce that skinny q-tip boy gave us.

We continued to eat in a comfortable silence. Before migrating to the living room. I sat down on one end of the couch as he sat down on the other.

"Where are you going?" He asks, making me almost swoon at his attachment. Or maybe I'm thinking too much into this. I'm so stupid. "To get something from my room real quick." I picked up the sweatshirt he gave me and slipped it on before changing my socks to long ones that reached up to mid-calf. I flipped my hair into a messy bun and changed out of my uncomfortable jeans and put on my sweat-shorts.

I walked out of my room with my hands in the big pocket and sat down beside him. He didn't notice me until I turned the TV on since his eyes were closed. "Sorry but I'm keeping this." I mutter, putting my attention to the Netflix shows and choosing The Vampire Diaries. I think I've watched this show like ten times.

"You look better in it than I do anyways." He responded softly, his eyes still on me. I could feel them burning holes in my face even though they were basically ice. "I think so too." I retort, making him grumble. I bite my lip to hide my smile but I ended up smiling through it. Seriously, what is this boy doing to me?

"Really?" I glanced at me after seeing what I chose. "What? It's a good show, maybe you'll like it if you give it a try." Gabe shrugged, crossing his arms and leaning back into the couch. His long legs were up on the ottoman. He was sprawled our comfortably next to me.

"You were right." He said, the first episode finishing. "What was that? I didn't hear you." I put my ear to him. "You were right." He said, louder. I furrowed my eyebrows and he was about to say it but then caught on to what I was doing. "You're annoying." He grumbled, looking back at the TV.

"Gabe, I'm so bored. We have to do something other than watch Netflix or else I'm going to go insane." We've already watched seven episodes and he was about to play the next one before I grabbed the remote and exited Netflix. "Like what?" He asks, looking over at me. This man is so pretty.

"I don't know. We can bake a cake or something." I stood up and stretched my legs after sitting for a few hours.

"From scratch?" I nod, with a grin on my face. He stands up and follows me to the kitchen. He's so tall and muscly too. I might die from his beauty.