twenty one

Parker Elise Leon

It's already past eleven in the evening and I feel like a wreck but I can't fall asleep. I need sleep but it won't consume me like the way I wish it would.

My silent cries silenced even further after hearing glass break in the house. You've got to be kidding me. I hurriedly locked my bedroom door and scurried into my bathroom with my phone in my shaky hand. I heard loud footsteps and banging on my bedroom door. I wanted to cry out but it would give away my entire hiding spot.

I quickly shoved myself into the large cabinet under my sink and shakily opened my phone to text Gabe. He's the only one I know to text.

parker: i know you're not talking to me. and you might not even get this because you probably blocked me, but someone just broke into my house and they're in my bedroom and i'm freaking out. so if you get this, at least call the police, please because i can't make noise.

I put a hand to my mouth as I heard my bedroom door being busted open and curled further into a ball in the dark cabinet. I heard footsteps walking though my room and I squinted my eyes shut, hoping to make myself invisible. I made sure to shut my phone off so light wouldn't sleep through the cracks of the cabinet doors and was the quietest I've ever been.

The door to my bathroom squeaked open and gunshots ran through my ears. Before I could even comprehend them, an immense pain in my side made me grit my teeth harshly and almost pass out from the pain. No, stay awake. You'll be fine, just stay awake. I wanted to sigh in relief when I saw the black clothed figure walk out of my bathroom through one of the holes of the cabinets. I'm going to need to repair so many things in this house after this.

I opened my phone again and turned the brightness all the way down.

frosty: i'm on my way, park. stay where you are and don't leave until the police get there.

I couldn't smile at his response because I was in so much pain; both physically and mentally. I couldn't reply either. My hands were so shaky and cold that I couldn't even move them. I was slowly losing consciousness, for sure from losing a lot of blood. I couldn't leave, or else I would actually die then. The person who broke in would surely find me and shoot me dead and I didn't want that. Maybe the police will get here on time and I'll be taken to the hospital. That's what I hoped, anyway.

My house was eerily quiet as I continued to go in and out of consciousness. I didn't feel like anyone was here, and I sure as heck didn't hear anyone.

I fell to the side of the cabinet as I opened my phone and tried to type a message to my silver eyed boy.

parker: thn yu
i'm hdig in m baroom cabnt

I couldn't type anymore as my fingers became numb, shaky, and too cold to even glide freely against my phone screen. I let my eyes close and my mind slip as my head hit the cabinet wall beside me. My phone clanked onto the floor of the cabinet and I heard thundering footsteps and many male voices on my way out of consciousness. I felt like I was laying in a pool of my own blood, and I'm sure I was from the amount I was losing.

"Oh my god, oh my god, Parker." My eyes opened slightly to see the striking blue eyes and platinum blonde hair. "Hey, Frosty." His cheeks were wet, from what I could see through my blurry vision, as he pulled me out of the cabinet.

"Hey, it's okay. Stay with me. You're going to be okay." He sobbed, rushing to get something tied around my wound. I slowly put a hand to his cheek and smiled sadly. "Gabe, thank you for being here." My voice was scratchy and quiet. He shook his head in my palm and grabbed my wrist as he picked my cold body up. Wow, it's freezing in here. Can someone turn on the heat? "No, no, no. You'll be okay. I can't lose you." My smile faltered a little as he rushed me out of my house.

"Gabe, I just want you to know that I didn't mean anything I said," I tried to get my words out as fast as possible. I didn't want him to hate me on my last breath. "Stop it, you're staying." I shook my head as the pain subsides and my body started to become numb. "It's okay, Frosty. You'll be okay without me. You showed me that this week." His sobs reached my ears, making my heart shatter. God, why me? I can't leave like this.

"Stop talking like that, beetle. I can't lose you." My vision cleared slightly and I heard an ambulance in the distance. Gabe's face was streaked with tears as he held me close to him. My blanket was wrapped around me still, only slightly giving me warmth. "Parker, promise me you'll fight for me." He cried quietly, looking into my, probably, dazed eyes. "I cannot promise anything, Frosty." I wiped the tears falling from his face.

"I won't be able to forgive myself if you leave me forever, beetle." I shook my head. "If I do, I'll always be with you. Maybe not physically." My voice gave out for a second as I coughed up some blood. "No." He cried, rushing me into the ambulance. "Remember when I said I'd figure out what I wanted from you? A while ago, when you first came to my house," I coughed again, catching the red in my hand. "If I leave, when I leave, I want you to move on from me, that's all I ask of you." He shook his head as he lied me down on the stretcher in the ambulance.

"I love you." I mumble, halfway to dream land. He sobbed as he piled onto the truck with me. I knew he was holding my hand because one was warmer than the other. I was being worked on by the paramedics when I succumbed to the darkness, though it didn't hurt. I could feel my life slipping away for a bit.