three

Parker Elise Leon

"Address?" I asked quietly, putting my leg up just how it was earlier. He plugged it into my phone slowly, as if he really didn't want to go. "Sometimes when I look at you I see Jack Frost." He gave me the side eye as I spoke out randomly. I mean, it's true. His hair was platinum blonde and his eyes were a silvery blue. On top of that, Jack Frost in the animated movie was as hot as a roasted piece of chicken. I simped really hard over that cartoon; it's not my fault the guy was smoking hot, okay?

"You know what, you can let me out now. I can walk home from here." I shook my head as I continued driving down the road. His voice was stressed; not the deep and smooth it usually sounded like.

"No, why are you freaking out? It's not like I'm gonna barge into your house and steal everything." I glanced at him and gave him an odd look as he rubbed his hands together in the seat beside me. He shook his head as I entered the neighborhood. It was full of tiny, run-down houses but I just looked for his. I didn't care if he lived in one of these! It's about the person not where they are living.

"Here we are. Are you okay?" His eyes were closed tightly as I waited in his driveway. "Gabe? You good? We're here." He opened his eyes and looked from his house to me and then back to his house.

"You don't want to be here, do you?" He shook his head with a sigh. This boy is so quiet and annoying but I felt the need to comfort him. "Alright. To my house it is, then." I drove away quickly, not wanting to upset him by staying too close to his house. I knew his life was a little fricked up but I didn't understand the height of it all. I kept my pity away though because I'm sure this boy does not want it at all.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I stepped in before him and welcomed the yummy smell of my plug-in air freshener. I set my bag down by the door and slipped off my shoes just like he did and walked to the kitchen. He sat on one of the stools to the island in the middle and put his head down into his arms. I frowned, grabbing a bag of chips from the pantry and tossing them at him.

"Eat up." he glared at me after he lifted his head up. I shrugged, filling up a glass of water for him. This boy is so rude even when getting special treatment. Cue eye roll.

He munched on the chips as I grabbed my bag from the door and brought it to the kitchen. I sighed as I cleaned out my lunchbox and took out my water bottle while doing so. I didn't have very much homework but I'd rather get it all done now instead of on Sunday. Gabe only ate a couple of handfuls of chips before closing the bag and putting the clip back on it. He put his head back down into his arms and I took the time to admire the pretty blonde hair spewing from his head.

I looked away when I noticed he was looking at me and got back to writing down my calculous problems. "Thank you." He whispered sleepily. I glanced up at him before getting back to my homework. "For what?" I ask, finishing up my homework quickly and moving onto my English worksheet. It was this dumb thing for a movie we watched in class; I was totally just going to look up the answers on my own.

"For getting me out of class and paying for my smoothie. And also bringing me here." He mumbled. I think that's the most words I've heard him speak in one go. Proud moment. "It's no biggie," my words trailed off at the end. "But, I would like something in return." He opened one eye at me and raised a brow. I smiled, closing my folder and setting my school stuff aside. "I don't know what it is yet, but I'll figure it out." He closed his eyes again and I could tell he was tired just by looking at his eye bags. Poor dude.

"Follow me, bad boy." He grumbled words under his breath as he pushed his stool back under the counter. "I have a couch that you can sleep on. It's much more comfier than a kitchen stool." He gaze at me with wide eyes and furrowed brows. "What? I can see those Chanel bags under your eyes." I sassily said, shoving him to the couch. Dang, he is one heavy person. I tossed him a blanket as he sat down comfortably.

"I'll be somewhere in this house if you need anything." He nodded and laid down on the couch. He looked so adorable being all cuddly with that blanket. "Stop fucking staring at me." He grunted, making me scurry off down the hall and to my bedroom which was conveniently placed on the main floor. It was supposed to be the master bedroom but my parents let me have it since they're never here.

They come home for a couple days to a week and then leave again; all for business trips and things. It hurts when you barely see your only family. I haven't seen them in at least four months. I don't even know where they are, but I can't complain because they usually call and text. I just want them home more often.

I looked through my phone for the millionth time today and scrolled through Instagram. As I was looking through memes on the app, Mari's messages popped up as a banner at the top of my screen.

mari: school's out for the weekend bitch! coming over soon after i get stuff from home

I cringed as I thought about Gabe downstairs. He just fell asleep and I'd rather not wake the beast.

parker: about that.. haha

mari: what did you do?

parker: i may have been hanging out with a certain silver eyed boy. and ditched class with him

mari: bitch.. whAT?! so this was the good gossip? holy shit, chloe is going to go apeshit on you hahaha

parker: ummm why? not like i'm taking her man??

mari: she's a territorial bitch for something that isn't even hers, that's why

Mari and I texted back and forth for a while before she had to get on the road and come here.