sixteen

Parker Elise Leon

"Who hit you with a truck?" His voice was quiet as I sat down in my seat. I had bags under my eyes from staying up all night doing a project for school. I didn't know it was due today, okay?

"Do me a favor, and shut up." I grumble, laying my head down on my desk. "Oh so now it's you who's annoyed by my talking? Oh how the turned tables." I laughed at his reference to the Jonas brothers and picked my head up slightly to look at him. "I stayed up all night trying to finish my project for English." He nodded, smirking as he leaned back and put his arms behind his head. Stop, that's so hot. I looked away and put my face back into my arms so he wouldn't see my blush.

I jumped when his hand met my back and rubbed it up and down. That feels so good, his hand is so big. That sounded so weird. I didn't mean it that way.

There were whispers all around us, causing me to look up at everyone watching us. "Do you have anything better to do than talk about other people?" They all immediately looked away after I spoke but kept talking amongst themselves. Gabe's hand pushed for a second before resuming the soothing pattern on my back.

"I hate everyone." I grumble, tilting my head to watch Gabe as he smiled at me. "Yeah, same." He said quietly. I poured when his hand left my back but squealed when his hand grasped the bottom of my chair and pulled me closer to him. "Dude, watch it." I spat jokingly, glaring at him. He ignored me as he put an arm around my shoulder and pulled my head onto his chest. "This is comfy." I mumble, taking my phone out and taking a picture of me smiling and him sticking his tongue out. Wow, he's so pretty.

"You're so gorgeous." He whispered, looking at the picture I took. My face reddened as I looking towards the front of the classroom. "You do know that, right?" I tilted my head up to see him staring at my red face. "I mean, if you think I'm pretty, I must be." I joke, giggling at the grumble that emitted from his chest. "I like myself, yes." I whispered after a moment. "Good." He responded, ending the conversation and sending the picture to his phone.

I closed my eyes and snuggled into his side because he was warm. His hand
squeezed my shoulder gently. I think I love this boy.

"Parker, class is over in two minutes." His whisper invaded my ears and his breath fanned against my cheek. "Okay." I rubbed my eyes to adjust them to the lights in the classroom. "Hurry up, beetle." I groaned as I grabbed my bag at the ring of the bell. "I'm going as fast as my tired legs can take me. Stop rushing me." He pulled me by my hand to speed up my walking. I was basically running now with his long strides.

"Parker! I told you that you'd suffer the consequences if you kept talking to him!" Chloe's voice screeched loudly as we reached the parking lot. Are you serious? He's not even yours and he doesn't even want you. "Chloe, get it through your thick scull that you do not choose who we hang out with." I turned around to her as I spoke. Gabe stood inches behind me, keeping his hand in mine. It's so warm.

"I told you that he was mine." She crossed her arms and she gritted out her words. "He's not anybody's! He's not even mine, shut up before I punch your perfect teeth in." I growl out, leaving his hand and poking my finger into her chest. She dropped her mouth and let out a screech-groan. You know, the one that those entitled girls let out when they don't get their way.

"Did you just poke me?" She poked me back and I grabbed her finger before she could pull it back. "I've had enough of you and your stupid claim on people. Maybe go find a hobby other than ruining peoples' lives." I narrowed my eyes at her as I squeezed her finger tightly. She drew her hand back quickly and did the screech-groan again. "You bitch!" Her palm hit my cheek, making my face turn to the side from impact. I stood like that for a second before slowly turning towards her.

"I would hit you back, but I'm the bigger person in this situation." She snickered as she pouted at me. "You definitely are the bigger person." She looked me up and down. You wish you had a fatty like me, everyone knows it.

"At least I enjoy my food. I'm not stuck eating salads for every meal because I am happy with myself." She gasped and narrowed her eyes again in offense. "It's funny, coming from the girl who can't even go five minutes without food." What kind of comeback was that? I chuckled, shaking my head and looking to the ground. My tongue hit the inside of my cheek as I tried to keep my cool. "I am so close to punching you right in your artificial nose." I whispered, holding my thumb and pointer finger into a small slit. "You wouldn't do that. You're too nice, even when you know I'll hurt you more." That's it. I'm going to do it.

My fist went straight into her face and she stumbled back onto the ground. She held her bleeding nose and started crying. "Don't start something you can't finish, Chloe." I walked away from her and Gabe blindly followed me. His expression showed he was shocked and I could see the pride in his small grin.

I pulled out of the parking lot, ignoring my bloody knuckles. "That was hot as fuck." I choked on my spit as he randomly spoke up. His arms were crossed and his face looking forward out of the windshield. "Are you okay?" I questioned loudly, looking back into the road.

"Yeah, I've never seen you like that. I loved it." He loved it? Sir, are you seriously okay? "Okay." I mumbled, pulling into my driveway. He snickered at my reaction as we both entered my house.

"I literally hate that hoe." I groaned as Gabe disinfected my knuckles. It stung just like my chin and hands the last time she assaulted me. "Yeah, I think everyone does." He chuckled, wrapping my hand up. "Thanks, Frosty." I inspect the bandage on my hand approvingly.