Chapter 11

Elonique's POV

When I saw Damien he looked like he was so lost and hurting.

I felt sad for him and he must be very tough to uphold a strong exterior.

I looked at him with that of a face of pity and worry.

He left class and I wondered what was wrong.

Miss Parkins continued class and we did some work.

I went to my next class and he still didn't show up, something must be really bothering him , he probably triggered a memory he most likely didn't want to rekindle.

I wonder what did he go through that got him distanced the way he is now.

So I participated for the first time in a long while and helped out then came lunch time and I met up Diana in the hallway.

"Hey bestie", she said giddily throwing her arms around my neck to hug me and I returned the gesture.
"Hey Diana,how was gym Physical Education" I said.

"One word torture ",he said stressing out the word to make emphasis.

"Can you believe it!,Miss Jones made us run 10 laps around the field, then do 20 jumping jacks,then she didn't want us resting so she graced us with volleyball , how wicked can this woman get", she said as she held her hand at her waist outraged.

I laughed , "well that sucks for you Dee" I said.

We talked for a while then we headed towards the cafeteria and we saw Damien and I asked him to join for lunch.

He declined and that resulted in me dragging him towards our table with a smile plastered on my face.

We all sat down at the table Diana sat across from me and Damien suprisingly sat beside me.

We all went for our lunches and sat back down.

"So Damien how's life treating you" Diana said as poked the yogurt in her mouth.

"Fine",he replied curtly.

Okayy she muttered awkwardly under her breath.

I started to munch on my chocolate cupcake with icing , I took a bite out of it, which probably looked like a mess on my face but I didn't care at all.

What Damien did next shocked me he wiped the chocolate icing off the side of mouth and tasted it.

"I guess chocolate isn't so bad ",he said shrugging his shoulders, talking casually like nothing never occured a while ago.

My mouth hung open astonished.

"Close your mouth Elonique , do you want to catch a fly or something" he said chuckling.

I turned the other direction slightly embarassed.

"You too Diana , you want to catch flies too" I heard him say still chuckling.

I blushed but thank God for my complexion he wouldn't even realise.

Diana composed herself and started to make casual conversations with him.

It was actually nice talking with him and seeing his dimples every times gives me little butterflies in my stomach.

Snap out of it , you Elonique wont crush on Damien.

Try iron it out...my subconscious
said

Then it was time to leave, Diana left first she had to meet up with someone so that left Damien and I.

"So see you later" I said waving.

"Yeah ",he said as he tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

My stomach mentally did a flip or a somersault or whatever.

I smiled all the way to class.

I arrived at class early and plugged in my earphones playing Mount everest by Labrinth.

"Mount everest ain't got shit on me cause I'm on top the world", I sang vibeing to the song.

I played it while eating my secret stack of gummies.

Then I had to put them away as the teacher entered the class.

"Okay class I'm Miss Jackson your substitute for today" she said.

Yes I said silently.

"Unfortunately your teacher didn't leave any work so sit and be quiet "she said.

I just went back to listening my music.

Vote and comment
Support appreciated