Chapter 38

Elonique's Pov

2 weeks later

Damien and I haven't exchanged words since the incident and only stares from afar were met.

Hey I wasn't the one in wrong , so why should I be the one to crawl back.

Ever so often I would catch sight of him in the alley or when he's with that gyal ( Jamaican word for girl used most times to express detest) Reyona as she would smirk everytime she saw me and clutch unto Damien's arm tighter.

I would just roll my eyes at the sight of them.

I still get snarky remarks but not as much as before as I was not not irrelevant , nobody even cared to look at me since I wasn't around Damien anymore.

Reyona gradually climbed the ladder of popularity in a short span of time and also because she was associated with Damien.

Damien and I no longer got in near proximity of each other.

I sighed ,so much as changed in such a short time.

I walked to my locker to put my books back as school was now over.

Yay! It was Friday.

Diana came running down the hallway as she shouted my name.

"Elonique Ryan's having a party you should come " she beamed as she tried to catch her breath.

"Sure " I said with a tight lipped smile.

"Cool ", she replied, as my eyes scanned the hallway my eyes instantly landed on Damien and Reyona.

They seemed to get more close lately.

Oh I see.

Everytime he saw me , it's always like he had something to say, but
Reyona had to always open her big mouth.

But he never really tried to put up a fight to get to me and so even if she was doing that it shouldn't stop him from telling me what he wanted.

I shake my head at them as I walked away with Diana.

"My place or yours" she said grinning excitedly.

"Yours" I said as sighing.

Tired of this never ending cycle of stares.

There weren't any rumors to say they were together but who knows.

Diana and I got into her car as we both latched on our seatbelts as she reversed out of the parking lot.

It took a while to reach her house ,so in the meanwhile we I listened to some music on my phone.

As the lyrics reached to me 🎵 From strangers to friends, friends into lovers, and strangers again🎵

I fell asleep as my head leaned on the window.

I awoke to Diana shaking me.

My eyes opened still half asleep "great you're awake" she said.

Diana got out as I did the same following behind her into the house.

"Elo! " I heard Tyler shout my name excitedly as he came towards my direction jumping into my arms as I wrapped my arms around him tightly as I lifted him in the air with his arms around me neck.

"Hey Tyler what you been up to " I said smiling as I ruffled his hair.

" Just playing with my race cars" he said grinning.

"Okay , alright then" I said as I put him back down to stand.

I walked past him as I went upstairs to Diana's room.

I sat down on her bed as she looked for clothes as she put different outfits on the bed.

"So which do you think looks better" she said as she held up two outfits black high waisted jeans and a white crop top and a black body fitting sleeveless dress  that stopped mid thigh.

"Alright how about the black dress " I said as I pointed at the dress.

" Yes, that's exactly what I was going for" she said.

"Alright for you now" she said as if she was thinking about something for me to wear.

"Hmm" she hummed as she scanned through her closet,"ah ha, this is the one" she said as she took out a burgundy two piece set a crop a top with a skirt to match with a small slit at the side this would definitely hug my body ,I liked it.

"I love it Diana" I said as smiled,"Good I have great taste" she said proudly.

Since the party wasn't gonna start until around 9pm ,Diana did things to occupy our time.

We watched Netflix and got some sleep .

Sleep my best friend ,by the time we woke up it was 8 pm so we just showered and started getting ready.

Diana took her time to do her makeup,it looked great and she suggested to do mine , I said no at first till she convinced me.

She did it like a professional , the eyeliner like a wing and the mascara was the right amount as she used a lip liner then blended it with lipgloss.

I did a once over of myself in the mirror as Diana did the same.

The two piece fit perfectly ,but my butt kind a made the skirt ride up but other than that I was cool with everything.

I used a curling cream in my hair using a hairdryer to let it dry , my curls popped.

I looked decent I said to myself as I shrugged my shoulders as I put on my 2 inch heels,even thou heels were not my best friends.

Diana looked to me asking if I was ready to which I nodded my head.

We both went downstairs as went to the door.

Your probably wondering what about Tyler, he's staying with Bryce as he was home for the weekend.

We got in at the same time, it didn't take long before we reached Ryan's house in full blast.

Music boomed through the speakers, all the typical stuff at a high school party as we stepped out of the car.

"Diana" Ryan said as he came smiling towards us ,then he kissed Diana on the lips.

"Glad you could make it babe" he said with such admiration it was pure love in his eyes.

"Hey Elonique " he said as he gave a friendly smile.

"Hey Ryan" I said as I rubbed my arm kinda feeling out of place.

"Let's head inside, shall we" Ryan said as gestured to the door that was wide open with the voices of mostly intoxicated people could be heard.

"Great party man" a lean tall guy said as his words slurred as he placed his hand on Ryan's shoulder smiling before discarding the contents of his stomach over in a bin I presume.

We went inside as Ryan went around the pool table while Diana stood with me.

Vote comment and share

Until next time peace out