Offers [Itachi Uchiha] for Sasuke Uchiha

It was getting harder to breathe. Eriko grunted, pulling at the chain locked around her ankle that held the ninja underwater. With each second that passed small bubbles floated from the tightly closed lips allowing oxygen to escape. The metal was completely laced in a chakra reducer, which did not make a difference to her. There was no way she could use her fire and lightning jutsus in this situation. Eriko pulled herself closer to the floor, gripping the chain tightly before pressing her feet against a rock and heaving. The movement was little and time was running out.

Taking a smaller rock in hand the young woman tried smashing it against the cuff to break the seal. But her motions were slow due to the water. Lungs burning the ninja wracked her brain for ideas on what to do. How to survive. On instinct Eriko's mouth opened to inhale, only to choke and cause her to move frantically against the chain. Something penetrated the water, but the ninja ignored the movement, trying to focus. Another. Had the rogues come to finish her off?

A hand roughly pushed her away before taking the links between both palms and tearing it apart. An arm then wrapped around the ninja's waist pulling her to the surface. But the water blocked her throat, unable to refill her lungs. "Hurry up," the person said in her ear. Though the young woman was sure that they weren't talking to her. Once on the bank of the lake Eriko was laid on the ground, the person moving away and another filling their place. Her hands gripped at their top, begging for air. Everything was growing blurry.

A large hand gripped her jaw, forcing it open, while the other formed into a sign in front of their lips. The water dislodged, being pulled from her throat by the jutsu. Eriko gasped, coughing erratically, painfully. She wheezed, closing her eyes as black spots filled her eyesight.

"Are we done now?"

"Go on without me."

"What-!"

Eriko passed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was still light out when the ninja opened her eyes again. "I figured by now you'd be much more careful when dealing with rogues." Glancing up her eyes landed on a person sitting on dead tree trunk, not looking at her.

"You don't know what happened. Don't go making assumptions."

"Then enlighten me."

"Would it even make a difference if I told you?" There was no answer. Slowly, Eriko sat up, rubbing her temples. "God my head."

"I want to know." The young woman wasn't surprised when she found him suddenly closer. Stealth was always his strongest attribute. Aside from the inherited Kekkei-Genkai.

"They had a ninja that could drain you completely with just a touch." That seemed to catch his interest. "There was no report, no warning. So when he attacked I believed that skin on skin contact would have no results, just like in the past. He was only useful so the cowards could hide behind him, coming out once I could barely move. They then locked me to that block and dropped me into the middle of the lake." Her eyes met his, something most people would not dare to do. "I figured it would be better to tell you about him for your own records at Akatsuki. Keep or kill him, I honestly don't care."

"What is your opinion on the matter?"

"I would not give him the time of day where that rogue has free range to a group of the strongest criminals in the nations. You want to get killed or be double crossed, be my guest."

"I'll let Leader know."

"I take it Kisame was the one to break the jutsu and remove the water from my lungs?"

He nodded. "With much resistance."

"He hates me."

"Only because he sees you as a distraction."

"Whatever. He can have his opinion." Eriko stood, stretching her limbs before testing her levels. Slowly they were rising again.

"You could come with me."

The young woman chuckled, shaking her head. "We've been down this road many times before, Itachi. Unlike you, I cannot leave the Leaf."

"Sasuke has not been home in years."

"Just because he turned rogue does not mean I will. I have a life there. I can't surround myself with a price on my head and forcing my hand against friends, comrades. Besides, Kisame will try to kill me on a daily basis."

His lips tugged at a corner trying to suppress a smirk. "I will take care of the rogue."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"I could never lie to you."

Searching his eyes for any form of a lie, the ninja sighed. "No. You never did. Or could for that matter." Fixing her gear back into place, Eriko stretched her arms. "Then I'm heading home." His lips ghosted across the bridge between her neck and shoulder, lightly kissing the skin before disappearing completely. Looking over her shoulder Eriko found herself alone. "Until next time..."