Chapter 6

Allison's POV
Jayden didn't bring me home.

He brought me to his pack house.

"Why?" I asked him when I found out. "I'm sorry, Ally. But my wolf won't let me take you back. I'm struggling for control right now, actually," Jayden says.

"I'll probably run away," I tell him, and Jayden growls. I turn to look at him, or his wolf I guess.

"No," he says with full alpha tone. I try to resist like I did last time, but I can't. My wolf forces me to show my neck in submission.

Jayden growls again, but this time it's an appreciative and accepting one. Yes, there's a difference.

But then he lunges for my neck.

"Oh sh*t! He's gonna mark me!" I conclude, and quickly turn my head, causing him to bite my shoulder.

"Oww!" I yell in pain, clutching my shoulder. "Ally? Ally?" Jayden asks, his eyes back to normal, which indicates his wolf is no longer with us.

But it's overwhelming me. The pain, Jayden shaking my other shoulder trying to get me to respond, my wolf yelling at me in our head for not letting Jayden mark us, everything. So I accept the darkness and black out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Quinn's POV (Before school)
After getting a ride from Riley, I give her a random excuse to leave, I tell her I'm talking to all my new teachers and trying to get them to like me.

Riley shakes her head and laughs at me, the "nerd", and I smile and dash off to his class.

"Come in," he says, and I gladly do. "Oh, Miss. Devarchi. Come in, and shut the door," he says. I shut the door, and all the formalities fade.

"Quinn," he says. "Jake," I say, and we slowly approach each other. He takes the first step, kissing me passionately. And then we finish what we started before summer break.

Jake Isaacs. The history teacher I had been secretly having s*x with for months now. My friends think I'm just a nerd that wants extra credit, but nope.

I'm just in love with Mr. Isaacs.

We have plans that after high school, we're going to run off and start a life together. My parents are going to hate me. For abandoning them and the pack, not going to college, and not waiting to find my mate-running off with a human.

But I don't want my mate. Jake may be human, but I love him.