Chapter 13

Allison's POV

I wake up slowly, and look around. Jayden's gone. I scratch my neck. And so is my mate collar.

I stand up, and see a box on the floor by the bed. I pick it up and open it.

I pump my fist in victory at the clothes inside. I've been here for a couple days, and I really do need to change (I can't just walk around in my old bra and underwear) so I'm glad I finally have clothes.

I walk into the bathroom and strip the little clothes I have on off and get into the shower.

Once I'm done, I look through the box and put on jeans and a checkered button-up shirt, along with new undergarments.

Looking through the box again, I also find a hairbrush and comb my hair. Additionally, I find a note from Jayden.

Had pack stuff to attend to. Be back later. I had Zaylee go shopping for you. -Jay xx

I go to the door and try to open it. Still locked. I sigh. I guess you can't have everything.

I look around again and see a bookshelf, so I run over and look at the books Jayden owns.

I laugh. The only books on here are The Big Nate collection and How to Run a Pack.

I pick up one of the Big Nate books and start reading, because obviously, I'm not going to read How to Run a Pack.

I've already read the entire Big Nate collection twice by the time Jayden comes back, and am reading it for the third.

"Hey, Ally," Jayden says, walking in and sitting next to me as I read. "Shush!" I snap, continuing to read."But Ally.....," Jayden whines playfully. "Shut the h*ll up before I shove this book someplace you don't want it to be," I say.

Jayden rips the book from my hands and looks at me, eyes black. Wonderful. Zander's back. And he's pissed at me. "I wonder why...," my sarcastic wolf says, and then goes back to fawning over Zander and Jayden.

"Zander," I whine. "Give Jayden back control." "Why should I?" Zander asks, and I summon up my best acting skills. "B-because y-yo-ou are s-scaring me," I say, and Zander's eyes widen. "I'm sorry, mate," He says, and Jayden's eyes turn back to normal.

We burst into laughter. "Great job," he says, smiling. "Zander is blocking me out, wondering why you're scared of him. He says it's my fault." I laugh harder.

Suddenly his gaze falls to my breasts, and I watch, a bit scared, as he stares at them hungrily. But then, he sniffs the air. "You're in heat," he says.

"Sh*t."

"I have to go, before Zander takes control and mates with you right here," Jayden says, and walks away.

--------------------------------------------

"D*MN YOU JAYDEN!" I yell, my skin feeling like it's on fire. "WHY THE ABSOLUTE H*LL DID YOU LISTEN TO ME! DON'T YOU KNOW BETTER BY NOW!"

It's been about 3 hours of me feeling on fire and it's definitely worse than the pain of defying the mate collar. And that's saying something.

To those of you who are unfamiliar to this heat, it is basically something the Moon Goddess, who made werewolves and chose their mates, created to help speed up the mating process. So it pretty much means I feel like I'm on fire until Jayden comes and haves s*x with me or it ends three days later. To make it worse, heat is going to reoccur for me every month until Jayden and I fully mate. Freaking wonderful, isn't it?

So yeah, I've been basically screaming insults to Jayden for 3 hours and going through pain that my mother has said is worse than childbirth.

Great......

Suddenly, a rush of pain comes out, and all of it stops. No more pain. No more raging hormones.

This isn't normal...

Ally and Jayden in Media Box *wiggles eyebrows*