Chapter 20

Allison's POV
"Will wouldn't do that! He's one of my best friends!" I yell, defending him whole-heartedly.

Jayden growls. "Oh, shut it, wolfie!" I yell, angry.

"Well, he did. Riley's outside, should so bring her in?" Chase asks Jayden, barely acknowledging my presence.

"Yes," I say before Jayden can answer, and give Chase a look that says, 'Do you really want to defy me?'

Chase rolls his eyes, but nevertheless, lets Riley in.

"Riley!" I yell, noticing my friend's sad state.

"What happened? Did Will really kick you out?" I ask.

"Will somehow found out I was at your pack, and he called me into his office and punished me. Kat helped me escape," Riley explained. I gasp.

"But Will was our friend! Why did he punish you?" I ask, looking at Riley, trying to assess any pain.

"When Cole...you know...," Riley stopped, scanning my face for any reaction.

Even though I wanted to cry at the mention of Cole, I wore an expressionless look, and Riley apprehensively continued.

"He told Will through mind link when they were fighting that he declared war on Jayden's pack and his final wish was that you would be safe and away from Jayden. It's probably driving Will mad, trying to fulfill Cole's last wish when he has a war and a pack to take care of," Riley suggests, and I swallow.

Cole's last wish was that I was away from Jayden? And by being here, with Jayden, I was ruining my non-blood related brother's final request and Will's sanity? What have I done?

I need to fulfill his final wish. I need Matteo to remove Jayden's mark so I can succeed in this, and afterwards, I can just move back to Italy with my father, where Jayden can never get to me again. I must do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quinn's POV

I awoke in the night, scared, as I recalled Chase killing Jake.

It made me so angry, if I could, I'd kill him.

I look around and with great delight, notice Chase isn't here.

I spring up and dash out of the house, running towards the border.

With my enhanced speed, I make it to the border quickly, but as I begin to leave it, I hit a hard chest.

I look up and back away. A second passes, and recognition flashes in my eyes. "Y-Y-You're Matteo Fialorri," I say, carefully backing away. The tall man nods.

"Take me to your Alpha," he orders, and remembering the tales of the terrible Alpha Fialorri, I obey, leading him to Jayden and Allison.