Chapter 17

Thanks to @AmyRenee12 for suggesting Ian Bohen to play George! <3

Allison's POV
"Take it back!" Jayden screams as he tortures me, tickling my stomach and toes.

"Never! You're a fat truck! You're a fat tru-OW!" I yell and turn to see Jayden biting my arm.

"Remove your teeth, or I'm going to rip them out and give them to George to use as dentures," I say, and Jayden's eyes quickly widen and he retracts his teeth from my beautiful arm which now has an imprint of his teeth on it.

I glare at him, and he glares back. We continue this until a coughing sound is heard and our eyes snap to Chase.

"Dudes, pay attention!" He yells, attempting to be serious. "Okay, so Matteo is coming the same day as Will's pack is attacking. Is there anyway to stall him?" Chase asks, turning to Riley.

"No, it's his top priority right now," Riley says sadly. "Okay then, Allison, can we slow down your dad?" Chase asks me.

"No, but we could ask him to bring some of his pack members to help us," I say.

"No," Jayden says immediately. "That will make us seem weak and as soon as we finish fighting, your father will take you back to Italy."

"Well, it seems to be our only option right now," Quinn pipes up.

"Yeah," Chase says, agreeing with his mate. "We might have to, dude."

Jayden scoffs angrily. "My pack can fight Will's pathetic one and win any day," he says, venom in his voice.

"I know that," I say. "But the question is: Can you face Will's pack and my dad, the most powerful alpha in Europe, on the same day? And with our luck, the same time?"

Jayden scowls and runs a hand through his hair. "Fine," he snaps. "Call Matteo. But let him know that if he takes you back, I will kill him."

Quinn, Chase, and I gasp in horror.

Jayden storms out, slamming the door behind him. "Someone's on his man period," Chase mutters, and hands me the phone.

After spending an hour or so looking through Jayden's contacts, I finally find Matteo Fialorri, and quickly call him.

"Fialorri here. What is it?" An obviously powerful voice snaps.

"Uh, hi. This is Allison. Allison Win-I mean Fialorri. Your daughter?" I say, but it comes out as a question.

The line is silent for a while, and it seems like he hung up, but then the same, once-powerful voice says very shakily, "Is it really you?"

"Yes," I say warily.

"I-I loved her," Matteo says. "Your mother. I love you too."

I go silent, not sure what to say.

"You don't have to say anything. I just want to listen to your breathing. It's kind of comforting me, I can listen and know you're still alive," Matteo says, and tears threaten to break through.

"I can't do it," I say, handing the phone to Chase. "You ask him."
I run to Jayden's room, where my wolf said he was, and collapse in his arms, letting all the tears out. Jayden pulls me into his chest and I rest my head on his shoulder, still crying.

"Sorry," I say warily, looking down at his tear-stained shirt. "It's okay. It's Chase's shirt anyway," Jayden says, and I let out a shaky laugh.
--------------------------------------------
Riley's POV
I quickly returned to my pack's territory after I told Jayden and Allison what was going on, and I had hoped nobody had noticed me missing, but unfortunately Will called me into his office.

"I know you told her everything, you filthy traitor," he yells as soon as I arrive, having pack members block the exits.

"Now, turn around and get on your knees," he says in Alpha tone. Will removes my shirt and strikes a whip down on my back repeatedly, as I do so, not being able to get out of his order.

"Katherine!" He yells for his mate after my back is scarred and ruined. Kat comes running and stares at my back in disbelief.

"Will!" She yells, clearly fuming.

"Take her to the dungeon," he says to the pack members, who grab my arms and lift me up, carrying me away.

"Kat, come. Sit with me," I hear Will say from outside the door.

"I can't believe you!" Kat yells, and storms out of the room, most likely giving him her killer death stare.

"Riley, are you okay?" She asks me, and waves the pack members leading me to the dungeon away.

I don't answer Kat, partly because I don't know how to tell her that her mate is a monster, and partly because she would ask why he did this to me.

After a while of silence, Kat stops in front of the back door of the pack house.

"Go," she says. "Run! And don't come back!"

"What about you?" I ask her, but Kat only shakes her head. "Do it for the both of us," she says, and pushes me out the door.

I run as fast as I can away from the place I once called home.