Chapter 25

Calder's POV
I miss her...I miss her so much...

Why...why did he have to take her away from me...

Three years ago, my mate, Zaylee, was taken away from me. Her brother and his best friend, Alpha Jayden, took my mate away from me. So, I did the same to Chase's best friend. I took his mate, Allison.

I didn't expect her to hate him, however, and want to help us. I have to admit, that threw me off. I wanted to think that his mate was stuck up and annoying, and that I wouldn't care if I took away her other half. But Allison is just amazing. She's funny, nice, and a great friend. So it makes me feel a bit guilty that I'm killing her mate.

But hey, if she doesn't care, why should I?

Unless she's pretending...

But she wouldn't do that. Allison wouldn't trick us, even if she only met us recently, I'm positive.

Besides Diego and Zach, I feel like she's the only one I can completely trust. I can't even trust my mate, unfortunately.

She worked against me the entire time- she was a spy for them. And then, when they attacked my pack, she left me broken and alone. I don't know what I would do if Diego and Zach didn't support me anymore like the rest of the pack did when Everest Pack attacked.

I used to be Alpha Calder of the Fennel Woods pack. Now, I'm just Calder- the rogue. He took everything away from me. My mate, my pack, even my scar is his fault. And that's why I want revenge, and revenge only.

Allison's POV
"Ready?" Diego asks. I nod immediately. "Let's do this!" I say.

With total concentration, we pick up Zach, who was wearing knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet for safety reasons. If there was anything safe about what we were doing.

"Ready Zach?" I ask. Zach hesitates, but nods anyways.

Diego and I exchange smirks, and then lob Zach across the basketball court.

"I'm gonna die!" Zach screams as he flies at incredible speed towards the hoop. As we hoped, he landed in the hoop.

Diego and I highfive, and walk over to where Zach sits in the basketball hoop, his head still spinning.

"Come on, Zach! Get down from there, you lazy a*s!" Diego yells.

"I'm stuck up here, idiot!" Zach shouts back.

"Well, that's not good. Hey, Calder, where you at man?" Diego yells, walking away from Zach.

"Hold on, Zach. I'll get you out," I say, running to the garage to get a baseball bat.

I open up the garage door and find Calder sitting on a workbench, staring at a picture. I walk closer and realize it's Zaylee he's staring at.

I gasp, and he turns to look at me.

"Hey, Allison," he says awkwardly.

"Why do you have a picture of Zaylee?" I ask, backing away slowly, wondering if he's a stalker.

"Might as well tell you anyways," he says, shrugging. "Zaylee's my mate."

My eyes widen in shock as I try to process this information.

"R-really?" I ask, and Calder nods solemnly.

"That's why I want revenge. Your mate and his beta took away my mate from me," Calder explains.

"That's terrible," I say, and pull Calder into a hug.

"Hey, Allison! I'm still stuck up here!" I here Zach call, and I chuckle a bit.

I grab the two baseball bats near the door. "Wanna help me get Zach down from the basketball hoop?" I ask him.

"How did he even get up there?" Calder asks, grabbing a baseball bat from my hand.

"Diego and I sort of- kind of- threw him up there...," I say, trailing off.

Calder rolls his eyes. "Y'all are idiots," he says.

"Hey!" I exclaim, pretending to be offended. We start walking towards the basketball hoop where Zach is still stuck.

"Fina-Why do you guys have baseball bats?" Zach asks nervously.

We share devilish smirks, and then start hitting him in the butt with the baseball bats, trying to push him out of the hoop.

Jayden's POV
"Any news from the other packs?" I ask Chase.

"Sorry, boss, nothing yet," Chase replies.

"Did the trackers find anything?" I ask Max, my head tracker.

Max shakes his head. "We'll keep searching though," he says.

I put my head in my hands. "Dismissed," I call out, and Max and Chase leave the room.

Oh Ally, where are you?