Chapter 8

Allison's POV
Jayden and Cole shifted into their wolves to fight and I kept on struggling with the door even though I knew it wouldn't work, but at least I was trying.

Tears streamed down my eyes as I pounded as hard as I could on the door, and my knuckles started bleeding, but I didn't stop.

Jayden and Cole started circling each other again, and I pounded the door even harder, all my strength and adrenaline going towards the door. But I already knew it was too late. One of them was going to die. And knowing this absolutely sucked.

Suddenly, Jayden reached for Cole's throat, teeth extended and ready to kill. I cried out, and punched the door. It fell down, and I yelled for help.

But nobody came. Cole must've planned for something like this to happen. He sent all the doctors away so nobody could prevent this.

"Why? Why Cole? Why did you choose your pride and send everyone away? I know you're not doing this for me. If you were, you would've listened to me and stopped this fight," I mind linked him, but the connection failed.

I sucked in a breath. If the connection failed, that can only mean one thing.

Cole is dead.

I slowly walk back into the hospital room where the fight happened. Sure enough, Cole was on the ground, dead. But the window was open, the curtains were blowing, and Jayden was nowhere to be seen.

Forgetting Jayden, I let out a howl full of heartbreak and sadness, like the one Cole had let out for me when I left, but without the betrayal.

After I howled, I fell down onto my knees and wept. He was actually dead. Cole, my stalker and b*tch, was dead.

He said he would never die. He promised me he wouldn't die without me. When we were 12, we made a pact. A pact that when we were old and wrinkly, and only then, would we die. And we added that we would die together, holding each other's hands, because one of our elementary school teachers had said that it was believed by the ancients that if you died together, you would be together in the afterlife no matter what, and of course, we both believed that, so the pact was created.

As we grew older, the pact became a bit of a joke between us, but it still meant something to me. I know it wasn't his fault and I shouldn't be blaming him for his death, but I still can't get over the fact that he broke the pact.

"He lied to me," I whispered. "Cole lied to me."

Suddenly, I remembered the one who caused him to lie to me.

Alpha F*cking Jayden.

I was going to make him pay. After all, an eye for an eye, right?
--------------------------------------------
Will's POV
I felt it. I felt the alpha-beta connection break. Cole was dead.

I was Alpha now.

Now that I was Alpha, the war that has been coming close to happening for around 13 years now, will happen.

I will take down Alpha Jayden and his pack. And if anyone, and I mean anyone, stands in my way, I will not hesitate to "remove" them.

Alpha Jayden, you're going down.

A/N: Well this isn't good. I'm pretty sure almost everyone is out to kill Jayden right now.

Even his mate.

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!

-Haleigh <3