Chapter 23

Jayden's POV
"So, she's really gone then?" Cole asks, and I solemnly nod.

"Are you sure? Have you felt the snap of the bond yet?" He questions, and I clench my jaw.

"Not yet. But I know she's just waiting for the right moment- when I'm vulnerable- to strike and break all ties," I say, and Cole gives me a confused look.

"But aren't you vulnerable right now?" He asks. Zander fights to take over control, enraged, but I push him down, attempting to handle this calmly.

I take a deep breath, and try to calm down, but I know my eyes are flashing with strain from keeping Zander inside. "Screw it," I mutter, and let Zander take over.

"Allison IS coming back. She loves me, and I love her. She will come back, or I'll make her," Zander says, and Cole smirks.

"Finally," he says. "That's the Jay-uh-Zander I know. Let's go find her."

I stand up and follow him to my office, where all the maps of pack territories are.

--------------------------------------------
Allison's POV
My eyes fly open, as if I'm shocked, and I sit up in my chair.

Wait..when did I get a chair?

Suddenly, my memories come flowing back, and I gasp loudly. I was kidnapped!

I guess I gasped too loud, however, because a couple seconds after I did, three men in back appeared.

Their masks covered their entire faces- with mouth and eye holes of course. They were stereotypical burglar masks, but what really stood out was the guy in the middle's eyes. They were a piercing light green, and easy to pick out of a crowd.

"Well, boys, what do we have here?" Green eyes asks, in an obviously fake, as it is super high pitched voice.

"Why, that looks like Allison Wilson? Could it be?" The one to the right of Green eyes asks sarcastically. I shall call him Righty.

"Winthrop," I correct him.

Green eyes looks surprised. Or, at least I think he looks surprised. I can't really read facial expressions, but he either looks surprised or constipated, so....

"Ahh, you kept your maiden name, then?" Green eyes asks in his fake voice.

"No," I say. "I'm not married- and I don't want to be for a long time."

"Big Bad Alpha hasn't tied the knot yet?" Lefty (the one to the left of green eyes) asks, surprise clear in his voice.

"He hasn't even taken me out on a date yet! Do you really think I would marry him that quickly?" I ask, a bit aggravated.

"What the heck? How do you like- function? I thought mates tied the knot within the first week or something," Lefty says.

"Ohh, I know. You guys have lots of-," Righty begins.

"Nope!" I cut him off quickly.

They all stand there, shocked.

"Didn't you go into heat, though?" Lefty asks.

I nod. "He respects my wishes not to," I say.

"Okay, moving on," Green eyes cuts into our conversation. "You are here because-."

"I'm Jayden's mate. I get it, you guys are mad at him for something he did in the past, right?" I interrupt.

Lefty's eyes go wide. "How did you know?" He asks.

"I read mysteries about stuff like this. So, what do you guys want? Money? Power? Revenge?" I ask.

"B-I-N-G-O!" Green eyes says sarcastically. "We want revenge. How are we going to get revenge, you ask? Well-" I cut Green eyes off again.

"I didn't ask. But continue," I wave my hand at him.

He glares at me, but listens. "We are going to wait until your mate comes to find you, and then get our revenge and kill both of you, yourself first, of course. Knowing your mate's stupidness, you are going to be here for a long time, Allison Wilson," he says.

"Winthrop!" I correct him.

"Whatever," Green eyes says. "Anyways, get comfortable, and if I were you, I wouldn't try to escape. We can always move up our plans."

Green eyes, Lefty, and Righty turn to walk out.

"Wait!" I yell. "What if I told you I could help you with your plans to kill Jayden in exchange for my freedom?"

Green eyes turns around. "Explain. I'm all ears," he says.