Chapter 18

Allison's POV
I walked along the grassy path, trusting it to lead me to safety. Then suddenly, the path ended, leaving me standing in the middle of the woods.

I looked around and saw nothing but trees.

From where I could see, one tree that was secluded from the others had some sort of writing on it. I walk towards the tree, curious to see what it says.

I look at the words and slap my hand over my mouth, tears in my eyes. I swallow them down. "Be strong, Ally. Be strong," I tell myself, and run my fingers over the words carved into the tree.

The words are 'Allison and Cole: best friends forever.'

Suddenly, my legs buckle and I fall to the ground. I ditch the facade I've been keeping up for what feels like forever and cry out.

It's a cry for Cole, who may not actually be my brother, but who always took care of me even when he didn't have to.

It's a cry out for Matteo, my real dad, who had to be strong all these years, trying to deal with the loss of his mate and child. Most people that go through the loss of a mate die, but he didn't, he kept strong for the only thing he still had to live for: his pack.

I feel like I'm going in the same pattern during my life: receiving deception, death, and then the truth.

I also don't even know if my fake parents care that I left. They never looked for me, or called me to see if I was still freaking alive for that matter.

I pick up a rock and chuck it to who knows where in anger.

And then a thought runs through my head: what if I left? I could escape it all. No one would know about my past except the ones I left behind. I could go far away, and start over. Be a normal girl.

If I stayed, I would have to go through death, an entire pack war against sworn rivals, each wanting to destroy every last bit of eachother.

I could run away. Sure, they would call me a coward who only ran away from her fears instead of facing them straight on, but I'd rather be a coward then traumatized by death and the dramatic pattern going on during my life.

I shake my head. I can't leave, I'm a Luna to Jayden's pack, I have duties. Plus, he marked me, so he would know exactly where I was.

My mind reels, searching for a way out of the situation I had just described.

Only a very powerful werewolf could remove marks. My eyes widen in thought. Matteo. I could get my dad to remove my mark and I could run away with him back to Italy.

I open my eyes wide, recalling the dream I just had.

I could run away, escape it all. Should I? I don't know yet. But hopefully I'll know soon.

A/N: Thanks for all the votes MPA (My Possessive Alpha) has been getting! I really appreciate it! And I hope you guys don't hate me for making Allison consider running away...
-Haleigh <3