Chapter 1

A/N - ok hi, I hope you enjoy! Just a couple of notes, for anyone that doesn't know, Y/N means your name, so just imagine your name (or whatever you want to be called in the story) whenever that shows up! Also, let me know any names you'd want Corpse to be called for later when he reveals his name to Y/N. This story is set in England (UK) so I'm sorry if you don't live there, you can just imagine that it's all set in your country!

∆•°°•∆

Y/N's Perspective ~

I sit at my dinner table, stuffing my face with some pasta, which I spike with my fork, aggressively. I savour the taste of the pasta against my tongue, and smile as I make my way through my food.

It's days like this –sitting at home alone, being able to reflect on my life, and to just chill in my own mind– that I really enjoy.

Even though sometimes my mind can go to very dark places.

I have an anxiety disorder, social anxiety, and also agoraphobia. I can't go out in crowded places, and I'm scared that people will judge me for who I am.

I wear a face mask when I'm forced to go out and about, scared about everybody's opinions of my awful appearance, and can't even look in a mirror without wanting the shatter the glass into millions of pieces, hoping one day I'll just wake up and be different. Better.

All I do is fester away at home, left alone. Which is the way I like.

I find peace in the comfort of my own home, my small cottage in the middle of nowhere, shrouded in the secrecy of a forest.

I finish eating, and place my plate on the counter to wash up later, and go sit down on my sofa, where I pick up my phone and start to scroll through social media.

I open twitter, and see that one of my favourite YouTubers has tweeted.

Corpse Husband.

He's always been such an inspiration to me, what with him having agoraphobia just like me. His faceless status online makes me keen to know more about him, and at the same age as me, I'd like to know more about what his life was like. We're very similar.

The tweet states:

"Just wanted to say a huge sorry - it'll be my last stream for a while today. I'll be unable to stream for a few months - getting ready to pack up and move to the UK."

I gasp, in shock at the news I just read. Corpse is coming to the UK?! Just the thought of him being in the same country as me is enough to make my head spin.

I smile, like the tweet, and then decide to go check my discord to see any messages from my fans. I'm not a very popular streamer, but I stream because it's where I can escape into an alternate reality of playing video games for myself and other people to enjoy. I'm faceless online, obviously. The aspect of having my face out there for anyone and everyone to see scares me a lot. I go by the name IsolatedRaven.

The name is inspired by my constant state of 'couch potato'.

I check my discord, seeing that I have some notifications, and read through messages from fans and reply to any important ones. Suddenly, my breath halts in my chest, and I am unable to move.

Jackscepticeye has messaged me.

He's asking me whether I want to play Among Us on stream in a lobby.

I smile, slightly anxious at the same time of my happiness, and reply to him.

IsolatedRaven  - Of course. I'd love to play! What time?

Jack (well, Sean) replies quickly,

Jack - Well it might be kinda short notice but Rhymestyle backed out at the last minute and we needed a replacement but it's in a couple of hours. 

I reply, still in shock.

IsolatedRaven - Sure! Sorry to hear he couldn't make it! Who else will be in the lobby?

I ask, wanting to know what I'm signing myself up for.

Jack - No prob! There'll be me, Sykkuno, Valkyrae, PewDiePie, Pokimane, Toast, Dream, Tommy, you, and Corpse.

I read the words over and over again, making sure that I'm not hallucinating.

Corpse. Corpse Husband is going to be playing Among Us with me. Not to mention that there's so many other really popular streamers and YouTubers and I'll be able to play a game with them.

God, this is gonna be amazing!

IsolatedRaven - Damn!! Thanks so much for this, tbh I didn't know you knew me haha!

I type, shocked that Jackscepticeye even knew I existed at all, let alone invite me to play a lobby with them.

Words have completely failed me.

Jack - Haha! Nah, I remember when you hosted one of my streams and all your chat came into my stream! Thanks for that btw! :)

I chuckle.

IsolatedRaven - Ahh no problem!! This really is a dream come true, thanks sooo much Sean! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of hours. Give me a heads up when it's almost time and I'll get started on my stream.

I finish up, after Sean replies with a "Will do!" And I put my phone down, sighing in shock and happiness.

And that's when my life completely changed.

∆•°°•∆