Chapter 28

A/N - hello guys! My cast is now off, my wrist has healed but it's still painful and doesn't have as much movement in it compared to my other hand which is to be expected. I have some exercises to do though haha. I'm finally able to get back to writing this story, yay! And I've settled into college now as well.

Also guys please give me more suggestions for chapters, I'm finding it hard to think of stuff :(

Thanks for all your support! <3

∆•°°•∆

Corpse's Perspective ~

Seeing Y/N this happy makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. Bear has settled in really well, and has soon become attached to us both. I think getting a dog was something we both needed.

"We should go for a walk." Y/N smiles up at me whilst playing tug of war with Bear. He growls and shakes his head, trying to rip the rope toy out of her hand, and she eventually gives in. He trots off to chew it near the sofa.

"Good idea." I smile, taking her hand as I get to my feet to help her up.

Bear quirks his ears at the sound of movement, and he waddles up to us, tail wagging happily.

"Are we gonna go for a walk, Bear?" Y/N asks him in that adorable voice that everyone speaks in to their pets.

It's crazy how every day I see another side of her. It makes me fall even more.

Bear spins around, tail wagging even more now, and I chuckle as I walk to get his lead.

"C'mere Bear." I say, patting my lap and squatting down.

He comes running up to me in the hallway, and I clip his lead to his collar.

"Let's go baby." Y/N says, and I frown, unsure of who she is referring to.

As if hearing my thoughts, she laughs, "Guess I'm gonna have to call Bear baby number two."

I smile, "Well I'm sure you can be in love with two people." I smirk, leaning in to give her a kiss.

She hugs me and then we get our coats and shoes on, locking the door when we're ready.

Bear immediately leaps down the road, pulling me along behind him.

It'd be a miracle if I don't end up flat on my face.

"Damn, he's so strong." I chuckle as I see Y/N smirking.

She raises an eyebrow and I scowl.

"Well, if you're any better, miss Y/N, how about you try not to get dragged along."

She simply shrugs and goes, "Okay." As she holds her hand out for the lead.

Bear immediately stands by her ankles, and looks up at me innocently.

"You little shi-"

I get cut off as Y/N's hand seems to come in contact with my arm. Hard.

Shocked, I turn around to look at her. She's scowling at me. "No bullying my dog." She says, then starts to walk away down the lane.

After standing there frozen for a second, I snap back to reality and jog up to them.

"That was rude." I say, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Who knew becoming a mother to a dog would make you so grouchy?" I fight the laugh back down my throat.

Suddenly, Y/N stops in her tracks, and Bear stops to sniff a nearby tree.

She faces me sternly.

Looking directly into her eyes, we stare at each other, neither one of us wanting to break eye contact first.

I will win this game.

"I can't believe you're jealous of a dog." She smirks up at me.

"I'm not jealous." I stand my ground.

"Sure, C/N, sure." She chuckles.

"It's okay, he's not gonna take all my attention, babe. You still have me to yourself." She smiles, and I can see the sarcasm etched into her voice.

"I. Am. Not. Jealous. Of. Bear." I say. "I know nobody can ever replace me, love." I wink at her, and I see the blush starting to grow on her cheeks.

Told you I'd win.

∆•°°•∆