Chapter 22

(About a month or so later)

Corpse's Perspective ~

I squint my eyes open, expecting the familiar warmth of Y/N's small body pressed against my chest as I cuddle her in bed, but when I open my eyes and stretch my arms out, I notice the empty space on the duvet beside me.

We'd been sleeping over at each others houses for a while now, missing each other too much to be apart at night.

I immediately miss the feel of Y/N as her chest rises and falls in sleep, as I stroke her soft, Y/H/C hair and she nuzzles against my neck.

I feel a small blush creep over my cheeks at the thought, and then I sit up in bed, gazing around the room, where Y/N's form is nowhere to be seen.

Frowning, I rub my eyes and open them wider, pushing myself up off the bed and walking towards the door, where I pick up my shirt off the floor from the previous day, slipping it over my head.

I walk out onto the landing, preparing to go downstairs to find Y/N, but I stop suddenly when I hear stifled sobs echoing from the bathroom.

Immediately, I start to freak out.

"Y/N??" I frantically ask, trying to sound caring at the same time as hiding my noticeable panic.

The crying stops for a second, and I knock carefully on the door. "Are you okay, Princess? Can I come in?" (If you don't like that petname then change it to something else if you want! :} )

I hear a quiet, "Yep." come from inside the bathroom, and I tenderly open the door, stepping into the medium sized bathroom.

I see Y/N crumpled on the floor, legs pressed up against her chest as she grips her ankles and looks up at me. Tears stain her face and her cheeks are red from crying.

I break apart into tiny pieces.

My heart shatters like glass.

Pain floods through my body.

Y/N shouldn't have to go through this.

I fight the tears that threaten to fall from my own eyes, and I crouch down onto the floor in front of Y/N, clutching her shoulders.

"Y/N..." I choke out. "What happened?"

Her voice cracks as she tries to make a sentence, but she shakes her head and reaches for her phone, which lays beside her on the floor. She unlocks it, and I notice the tears that are dotted across the screen. She holds it out to me in a shaking hand, and I take it.

I immediately see what she's having a panic attack about.

There are about 1,000+ notifications from different social media platforms, all having built up over time of Y/N ignoring them.

Message after message after message of people asking for a face reveal, including many people asking for a photo of me and Y/N together.

She must be so overwhelmed.

I put the phone down, switching off the screen after swiping away the notifications.

I lean towards her, my thumb tracing her cheek to brush away the tears that continue to free fall down her face.

I clutch her tightly, pulling her body towards me and hugging her against my chest, stroking her hair like I do so often. I feel her body shaking as she cries, and I rock her in my arms, trying to hold myself together.

"Y/N. You've got to block this out. You can't let these idiots get to you, okay?" She leans back and looks up at me.

"I love you so much, Y/N. I'm always here for you, okay? I promise. We don't need to listen to these people. Just block them, make sure they can't send you messages."

Y/N nods, and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me down so our lips meet.

"I'm such a wuss." She says, in-between kisses.

"No. No you're not. These things happen. It's not your fault. There's always some idiots that want to invade our privacy. Just ignore them. And talk to me before you build up more anxiety next time, okay?" I say, resting my cheek against her forehead and pulling her against me.

She smiles as she leans back and looks into my eyes, the way that makes me lost in those mesmerising Y/E/C eyes, as if I were Y/N's entire world; unable to prevent the inevitability of me falling deeper and deeper in love with her.

"Let's go make some cookies, Princess." I smile, holding her against me before she grins at me, stands up, and gets ready to open the door.

"Bet you can't catch me." She smirks, before sprinting out of the door and onto the landing.

"You sure about that?" I chuckle, running straight after her.

~∆~

A/N - Credits to @Beanie111920 for the idea  of Corpse comforting Y/N during a panic attack! 

Feel free to comment or message me with any ideas for more extra parts / one-shots!
<3