Chapter 12

Y/N's Perspective ~

I start setting up my camera at my computer, and bring in an extra chair for Corpse to sit down on when we record. I open up the video that we're going to be doing a (faceless) reaction video to.

"Corpse!" I call out into the corridor outside my recording room, and hear footsteps as Corpse leaves my bedroom and enters the room I've prepared.

"Yes?" He asks, stepping further towards me.

"Everything's set up for the video. Are you ready to record now?" I ask, motioning to the setup.

"Sure." C/N says, slumping down into the comfy chair I brought in, situated next to my gaming chair.

"We're gonna be reacting to YouTubers' first videos!" I chuckle, "Including ours - if you're good with that?"

Smiling, Corpse nods, "Of course, Y/N. Let's get the intro recorded."

∆•°°•∆

Corpse's Pespective ~

Y/N starts the recording and confidently speaks, "Hey guys! Welcome back to another video, sorry for the massive break I took, but today I'm here with a very special guest! Say hello, Corpse." She smiles at me, and I smile back, nervously.

"Hey Corpse." I joke, chuckling. I smile at Y/N reassuringly, telling her silently that I'm comfortable with recording.

She continues to explain what we're doing, and then we start to watch the first video.

"Okay, so this one is Sean's first video. Jackscepticeye to you guys." She says, and we both watch intently.

My eyes widen when I see a young Sean appear on the screen, with short hair and a cheeky grin.

"He still has that cheeky grin.", I smile, and Y/N nods.

"Oh yeah – he does!" She chuckles.

Smiling, we keep watching Sean for a bit, then move onto Y/N's first video - from almost 10 years ago.

I hear her groan as she reluctantly clicks her mouse, opening up the video, and I laugh as she immediately pauses it, pressing her palms to her face.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad." I say.

"Corpse, it's literally from 10 years ago – why is this even still on my channel?!"

I smile, and lean over Y/N, slamming my hand down onto the mouse, forcing her fingers to click play.

"Ow! Corpse, you could've just said for me to click play!" Y/N jokes.

"Sorry. I can be quite aggressive when I need to be."

I immediately regret that sentence.

"I–" Y/N stutters, "Right–" before laughing.

The tacky intro screen of her first video comes on, and she pauses it. "I mean, at least I had an intro."

"True that." I say, smiling. She clicks play again and then her innocent, shy voice sounds out from the speakers.

I have to admit, it gives me butterflies, even with how young she is in this video.

"Uh– Hey– Hello! Welcome to my first video on my channel. Today I'm gonna be doing my first digital speedpainting!"

Y/N pauses the video, and says, "God, I used to be addicted to drawing. Well – to be honest – I still am."

"I didn't know you draw?" I say, smirking. "Guess there's lots more for me to learn."

"There is."

∆•°°•∆

We wrap up the video by explaining that we'll be recording more videos in future - but don't tell our viewers why.
We can't risk them finding out that we're neighbours just yet.

I smile at Y/N as she inserts the video into her email to her editor, and then I type in the email address for my editor, saying we've done a collab and need the video editing asap.

Standing up and stretching, Y/N looks down at me, and I take that as my cue to stand up as well. I bring her into a tight hug, and we sway on the spot for a short while.

Finally, Y/N breaks the embrace, untangling her arms from my shoulders, and looking into my eyes, she asks, "Want to go watch a movie? I'm bored."

I grin, "Only if I can choose."

∆•°°•∆