Chapter 25

Y/N's Perspective ~

I smile widely as I open the front door and beckon for Corpse to enter into the warmth of my hallway. He smiles, kissing me lightly as he steps out of his shoes, leaving them by the door.

I can't help but notice he looks paler than usual, and his breath is much heavier.
Shaking negative thoughts away, I smile at C/N as he opens his arms, inviting me into a hug.

I chuckle, and shuffle up to him, embracing him tightly. He presses a hand to my back, and I jump, wrapping my arms around his torso as he supports the back of my thighs with his large hands.

We stay like that for a while - hugging tightly, kissing occasionally - and then he carries me to the sofa.

Carefully placing me down on the comfort of the sofa, he smiles down at me, before saying, "It's crazy how much I miss you when we're apart..."

I blush, unable to hide the feelings that he gives me.

Suddenly, Corpse takes a deep breath and clutches at his chest, doubling over.

Immediately, I rise to my feet, stumbling over the coffee table leg to get to where C/N stands quickly. I reach out a hand, and rub his back lightly as he slowly rises back to full posture.

"What the hell? Are you okay, C/N?" I ask, my heart beating.

I knew something was wrong as soon as I saw him.

Shaking his head slowly, Corpse smiles, "It's fine. I just– it's a bit hard to breathe."

His voice sounds quiet and raspy, and I can just tell that it pains him to speak. My heart breaks.

"No." I say, frowning, "It's not fine. Get upstairs now, C/N. You're not well."

He sighs, and I feel that maybe he's slightly relieved that I suggested it. He looks like he needs a good lie down.

I push him carefully onto the bed, moving the duvets around so he has a comfortable place to sit. He shuffles backwards on the bed, pressing his back against the headboard, sitting on the side he usually sleeps on.

He looks up at me almost shyly, and I just want to sit and hug him. I smile, and kiss his forehead. "I'll get you some water and some pills, okay?"

Corpse nods slightly, and closes his eyes, chest moving heavily up and down.

I go into the medicine cabinet in my bathroom, and scramble around for the medicine I know C/N had put in here for him being over at mine literally every second.

"There." I say under my breath as I spot a small box of Pantoprazole, which help with his GERD symptoms.

(Ya girl did research on this - be proud. I found a webpage with the names of medicine that you can take for GERD symptoms and I just chose the easiest one to spell because why is it that medicines have such weird fucking names, like what- Anyway-)

I clasp the box in my hand as I fill a glass with water and walk back into the bedroom, seeing Corpse smiling up at me from the bed, a hand on his chest.

"Here you go, my love." I say, giving him the glass of water and the medication.

He takes them, and immediately opens the packet of pills, taking one and swallowing it after a large swig of water.

(The only tablets I can swallow are fucking teeny tiny hayfever ones. I had to take antibiotics and they were fucking huge ass capsules and my throat could not take it. Istg I almost died trying to swallow those disgusting little pricks. They made me hate chocolate spread because I had to eat it with them. Omg I'm gonna puke just thinking about it. 🤢 Ok. Sorry. too much, I know...back to reading you go.)

I smile as C/N reaches out a hand, which I take. Before I can resist I'm being dragged down beside him, resting my head against his chest.

"All I need is you by my side, baby. That'll make me feel way better." Corpse says, whispering huskily in my ear.

I shiver a little at his hot breath against my neck, and pull the covers over us both as we lean against each other, one hand clasped tightly around mine as he strokes my hair with his other.

I could not wish for a better person to spend my life with.

∆•°°•∆

A/N - okaaay that chapter was so cute to write! I hope you liked it.

I'm really into Genshin Impact and wanted to know whether any of you guys are too?
If so, let me know whether you'd be interested in me writing a book of romantic X reader one-shots with the male characters (there'll probably be smut 👀)