Chapter 6

Y/N's Perspective ~

Three days later ~

I wake up in the middle of the night, hearing loud noises seeping in through the slightly open window of my bedroom. I frown, standing up carefully and getting over to my bed, pushing my hair behind my ears in the process. I gaze out of the window in the darkness, and see two large moving vans, headlights blaring, travelling down the lane, rocking slightly as they hit the potholes which are scattered across the lane in random places.

The neighbour is obviously just moving in. It must be stressful for them arriving so late. Well, early, depending on the fact that it's almost 2am. I drag a sweaty hand across my face and sigh, closing my curtains as I withdraw my head, preventing myself being too nosy and getting distracted.

I plod my way back to my bed, and slump down against the comforting duvet, pulling it over me as I toss and turn to get into a good sleeping position.

I finally manage to fall asleep after about an hour (insomnia always kicks my ass).

10:00am ~

I wake up to my blaring alarm. It's Saturday, so I set it for a lot later than usual. I depressingly groan and dismiss the alarm that sounds from my phone, rolling over in my bed and brushing my hair away from my face. Sighing, I stand up and go to the bathroom to get ready.

(You can wear whatever you want! Whatever your clothing style is, just go with that.)

I finish getting ready, avoiding the mirror - in case I accidentally see myself and start picking on my insecurities.

I go downstairs and look out of the window on my way through the kitchen. The delivery vans from last night have gone, which means that the neighbour obviously has everything unloaded and inside now.

I remember when I first moved in to my cottage here, and my parents were here to help me get all my furniture inside, and do any necessary decorating to help me get settled in.

From what my previous neighbour said, it sounded like it was just one person moving in, so they must have a lot of work to do. I would go over there and see if they needed help, but my anxiety would just get the better of me.

Speaking of anxiety, I've not spoken to Corpse in a while – he's really been helping me cope these last couple of days. But then again, he said he was busy moving away from California.

I suddenly get a thought, but dismiss it immediately, knowing that I'm being stupid to possibly think—

My thought gets cut off however, by my phone ringing, and I smile when I see the bright screen telling me that Corpse is ringing me. I pick it up, excitedly.

"Hey Corpse!" I say, grinning like an idiot.

"Hey Raven! How are you?" He asks on the other end, his voice husky with tiredness.

"How much sleep did you get, Corpse? You sound awful!" I say, trying to tell him to rest.

"Well, I finally finished bringing all the boxes into my house at 3am, and then had to make my bed up so that took, like, an extra hour or something, so probably at 5 or near that time." He replies.

I can't get over the fact that his voice is deeper. How can it get even deeper??!

"I– Didn't know your voice could get– Uh–" I mumble, feeling strange butterflies and anxiety.

"Deeper? Yeah, I just woke up after like 2 hours of sleep, so it's not feeling too good." He says, chuckling a bit, and then coughing.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I ask him, worry etched into my voice.

"Fine. Don't worry about me. I was just about to go meet my neighbour, before starting to unpack and get sorted so I can stream again." He says, "And play Among Us with you again." He adds with a chuckle, and I can almost feel the smile against my ear through the phone.

"Cool! I hope your neighbours are nice! And I can't wait for you to settle in too– you don't need anymore stress." I say, smiling sadly.

"Right, well I best get ready– You know– Gotta look presentable for my neighbours. If they just see me in fucking pajamas they won't be very happy." He laughs, and I smile.

"Yeah, I guess so. Call me later so you can tell me about them! Please don't overwork yourself, just unpack at your own pace!" I advise, and smile before we both say goodbye and hang up, reluctantly.

I smile, feeling happy at finally hearing Corpse's voice and getting to speak to him again. I missed talking with him. Even though it's not been long.

I grab myself some cereal, pouring myself some and then the milk, before grabbing a spoon and eating, whilst checking social media.

(If you don't like cereal you can just choose something else you'd like to have for breakfast! Just adapt the story wherever you need so it suits you!)

I scrape my bowl clean and drink the milk off my spoon, before getting up and washing the dish with some hot water in the kitchen sink. I suddenly hear a knock at the door, and frantically place the bowl and spoon on the drying rack before drying my hands and rushing to the door.

I search for my face mask quickly, anxiety creeping through every bone in my body. Even for the postman delivering parcels, I have to wear a face mask.

I unlock the door, pulling it open and adjusting my mask awkwardly.

I see a tall guy standing on the other side of the door, stood on the stone paving flags outside my front door, a black mask covering his face too, and his black, slightly curly hair is flopping in front of his eyes a little. He reaches a heavily ringed hand up to his face, and scratches the back of his neck, awkwardly. Only then do I acknowledge the bracelet that says 'Bad Bitch' and the familiar veins.

And then he says, in his familiar, soothing, deep voice, obviously not knowing who I am, "Hey–", before I clutch the doorframe and almost buckle to the floor in shock. I steady myself and force myself to stand straight, staring into the eyes of the most attractive face I've ever seen.

∆•°°•∆

A/N - It happened!! Lol this was so fun to write. I'm excited to write Corpse's reaction when he finds out it's us / you!! :))
Hope you're enjoying it so far! Don't forget to vote and comment! <3