Chapter 13

Corpse's Perspective ~

I squint against the light from the fireplace, which is crackling calmly as I tilt my head to look down at Y/N, who is breathing heavily against my chest, arms wrapped tightly around my waist even in her sleep. I smile, and rub her shoulder tenderly with my thumb, and lean my head down so it rests on top of Y/N's, closing my eyes.

I remember the evening before, as we stumbled tiredly down the stairs after recording a video, and slumped onto her sofa. I got out (your favourite film!) and we realised that it was our favourite movie.

I remember her falling asleep, tangled in my arms. The way she gripped onto my shirt, her steady breaths against my chest, which sent butterflies through my stomach.

Her comforting embrace, making me feel warm no matter how cold I was feeling inside. She always seems to have that effect on me.

I remember her y/h/c hair falling in tendrils across my body, as she fell into a deeper slumber. I remember everything.

I feel her stir against me, and open my eyes to see her looking up at me, her eyes cloudy and dreary-looking. She smiles timidly up at me, and I sit up a little straighter, pulling her with me so we're in a more comfortable position, still entwined in each others embrace.

"That was the best sleep I've ever had, Y/N." I say, smiling down at her, moving my hand to stroke the back of her head lightly.

Y/N smiles shyly, and replies, "Same here. You're pretty good at cuddles, C/N."

I grin sheepishly, and say, "Yeah, I try my best."

Y/N sits up a little more so that our faces are level, and she smiles. I catch my eyes flickering down to her full, pink-tinted lips.

Y/N tilts her head to one side, and frowns. She looks sad.

What a fucking idiot.

Why did I think she'd be comfortable with me?

Nobody ever is.

"Sorry." She murmurs, "I just– I'm scared. I don't want to lose you. Everyone I love always leaves me. But you're different. A good different. You're like my home. I don't know what I'd do if I ruined this." 

I'm speechless.

"I'm just- Gonna go get something to drink." She says, before I can say anything in return. Y/N starts to get up and I grasp her hand immediately, pulling her back down so she lands on my lap, straddling my legs a little.

I press my lips to hers, resting my hand at the back of her neck.

I smile against her lips, and Y/N does the same.

It's the best kiss I've ever had.

Because it's with the best person I've ever met.

We break apart and I gaze into her eyes longingly.

"You're never gonna lose me, Y/N."

I bring her close against me, resting my chin on her shoulder, wrapping my arms around her waist tightly, never wanting to let go of her. She means so much to me. I never thought I could find someone like her.

She's perfect.

∆•°°•∆

A/N - Sorry if this is cringey or cliché lol. Hope you're enjoying, and thanks for all the love!!