Chapter 23

Y/N's Perspective ~

I smile as I drag C/N into the kitchen with me, gesturing to the kitchen island where all the baking ingredients are sitting on the granite top of the island in the centre of the room.

Corpse chuckles and questions, "Baking? That's the surprise you had for me? You know I can't make anything."

"Yes, but I can! So you've just gotta be my moral support while I make the best cake you'll ever taste." I smirk, leaning against the counter.

Corpse grins, and kisses my cheek, before I set to work on getting the bowl I usually use for baking out of the cupboard, and starting to weigh the ingredients.

Corpse stands behind me at the counter top, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me against him. I fight the blush that always threatens to make an appearance in these situations, me being my awkward self.

"Stir for me, C/N." I say, stepping out of his embrace reluctantly, pointing towards the bowl of ingredients that needed to be mixed.

"Alright, love." He smiles, and I can't help but think that my British accent has worn off on him. "Of course you need your big strong boyfriend to help you stir..." He adds teasingly, gripping the wooden spoon with his ringed fingers, his tight veins stretching as he does so.

I cough, turning away to scratch the back of my neck with embarrassment at the wave of thoughts that just crashed down upon me.

"Here, does that look right?" C/N turns to me, looking down at the mixture that is now all merged.

"Yeah, thank you darling." I say.

Corpse stiffens a little at that, and I find myself rooted to the spot, a little shocked. All of a sudden, he dips his fingers into the mixture, and presses them to my lips, leaving the mixture there.

I open my mouth to protest, but before I can do so, his finger stops me, firmly pressing against my mouth.

He pushes me back, his face close to mine. I  take a small intake of breath as my back touches the worktop, and Corpse's arms lock at either side of me, pressed firmly on the counter.

I feel his warm breath on my neck as his body presses against mine, and I breathe faster, my heart pacing at what must be a million beats per second.

I feel the mixture against my lips, and then C/N presses his lips to mine, taking away the cake batter. He pulls away, licking his lips, and my face heats up, feeling as if I've just stepped into a furnace.

He presses against me, and kisses the tip of my nose.

"Y/N, you have no idea what you do to me. I love you." He says, his voice even huskier and deeper than usual. That familiar tone that I'd heard a few times before....

I take a deep breath.

What I do to him?

What about what he does to me?

Lord save me.

"I- Love you too-" I say breathlessly as Corpse steps away from me, kissing me once more.

"We can get back to baking now." He says with a grin, his ringed fingers threading through my hair.

"Yeah. Right. Okay." I say, shocked.

And with that, he steps away and goes into the cupboard to grab the cake tin, leaving me there practically hyperventilating.

∆•°°•∆

A/N - I hope you liked this chapter. I wanted to write something a little steamy, but obviously not something that would make Corpse or anyone else uncomfortable. I hope it was okay??

Love you all, thank you so much for the voting and oh my god - the amount of reads?! I never thought this would get so popular!

And once again, message me or comment if you'd like any particular scene or if you have any ideas you'd like me to include! :)

~ Rebecca <3