꧁25꧂

Alexander
__________________________

The woman re-appeared when Magnus had started to fidget his rings. Alec couldn't believe that this man – who was centuries old – could get so nervous. He grabbed Magnus' second hand as well and gave him a look from which he hoped had a calming and reassuring impact.

But he wasn't as calm as he acted. The Nephilim consciously knew that there was no way they would lose this. The only reason would be, if they found out the truth about the blue boy but there was no way they could.

꧁꧂

"The Clave decided." She announced with her loud and steady voice and then nodded to her assistant. The tall young Shadowhunter left her side and walked the few steps down from the podium towards the family. He placed a piece of paper in front of them.
"Sign and he's yours."

Alec let out a relieved sigh and heard Magnus' happy gasp. He turned to see him beam and this very smile made his heart jump a little. After a year of marriage, he still felt this special happiness, just from Magnus' big and honest smile.

He knew that would never change

He knew that would never change. So even if Alec wouldn't be happy himself – which he was – he would be now, just by seeing his beautiful Warlock like that. All that just added up to his joy and turned into a beautiful and intense feeling inside him which was far beyond happiness.

Their lips met in a soft kiss, both of them having trouble because of their giant grins.

Whatever trouble would come and whatever issues they would have to master, they would manage

Whatever trouble would come and whatever issues they would have to master, they would manage. As a family.

Max squealed, he always did when he realized something good had happened. He didn't mind when Malec was kissing but he very much minded not getting any attention, so he poked Alec's cheek. "Daddy!" He said proudly, obviously aware of the fact that they loved it when he said that.

Alec moved away from Magnus and plastered Max' face with kisses. He looked up for a moment and could swear he had seen the strict lady smile, when she saw how happy they were.

"Yes Blueberry, I'm your Dad. Forever!" He said, not without pride in his voice.

"And this is-"

"Bapak!" Max said and made grabby hands towards Magnus. Alec could swear he saw a tear shine in Magnus' eyes but there was no use in pointing it out. His husband would have called him crazy or probably said something like: "Darling, I glitter. I thought you know."

꧁꧂

After informing everyone about the good news, Alec and his husband could finally settle on the sofa, their son between them.

Alec had spent the last hours with smiling and staring at Magnus and Max while he listened to his family screaming into the phone.

Apparently, everyone had invited themselves over to their house, in order to celebrate and meet Max.

Once the important people were through, his family, Clary, Simon and Catharina, he put the phone on mute and joined his two favorite people on the sofa.

For now it was just them. And as Alec laid in his husbands arms, the baby on his chest, he felt nothing but pure happiness. Even the horrible reality of Max, being hunted by angels, faded into the background to clear him for the good feelings only. A family.

"I love you." Alec whispered and could tell my Magnus' satisfied sigh, that he was equally happy.

"I love you too." His husband whispered and then they both looked at their son who was busy creating blue slime to play with, making a mess on Alec's shirt – he couldn't care less – and said at the same time "And I love you." Magnus added a 'blueberry' which made Alec chuckle.

Max looked up at them and squealed, probably saying that he loved them too.

"He needs a proper room and bed and toys, he's still sleeping in the guest room and everything he plays with, he has to make himself, horrible!" Magnus said dramatically.

Alec looked at him in shock when he realized what Magnus meant with that. His husband wasn't a fan of stealing things by summoning. So this meant ... shopping.

Fuck.

„How about a party?" Alec asked quickly. "A baby shower.. or whatever the thing was they did in this Netflix show we watched- everyone wants to come see Max anyways.. so they can bring presents and we'll have a lot of toys.. besides.. you love parties.." He smirked, knowing he had won and successfully avoided shopping.

"Fabulous idea, darling. Since when are you such a bright bulb?" Magnus tapped against Alec's head and the dark-haired rolled his eyes.

"Always been." He mumbled, pretending to be grumpy. Who was he kidding, everything was perfect.

꧁꧂

No Shadowhunter would dare to deny an invitation from the Lightwoodbanes. The reasons for that were quite simple. First, Alec Lightwood-Bane would make sure to give you the most amount of work everyday, until the next party to which you better showed up to. Second, Magnus Bane might still smile at you, even if you didn't show, but your favourite things would suddenly vanish and certain popular friends of yours wouldn't answer anymore. The man was a whole gossip girl. Third, the parties were the best and getting invited was a blessing so not showing up would be stupid, anyways.

Baby Showers were supposed to be a calm gathering where you gave the parents sweet gifts for their expected baby. Well, again, Lighwood-Bane, so no one would dare speak of a calm gathering.

Alec usually didn't drink but Magnus had spent all day mixing the cocktails and he had reassured him that they tasted absolutely enchanting, so the poor Shadowhunter was basically forced to gulp down one after the other.

Isabelle had promised to stay sober and take care of Max, because you obviously couldn't expect Magnus to not drink.

Alec found himself on the dance floor, shaking every body part he had. He couldn't care less about the staring crowd, or his husband who started to deny that they were married.

 He couldn't care less about the staring crowd, or his husband who started to deny that they were married

"Him? I don't know that one."
"No, no, my husband is graceful, that's not him."

All in all, it was a blast and afterwards, they found themselves with a pile full of baby toys, clothes, books and other utensils.

__________________________
I wish you all a beautiful start into spring 🌼💛🌼 I'm happy to say that I'll be able to update once a week again 💛🌼
__________________________