꧁29꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

Magnus needed Alec to understand. This situation wasn't out of control, even if it might feel that way. He exactly knew how to handle this.

Diego was the most respected member in this circle and Magnus had seen the fondness and kindness towards Max in his eyes. He had also seen something towards himself and just knew that his old friend was still fond of him and certainly wouldn't let his baby die.

They had spent four wonderful years together in Prag and then gone their ways with a melancholic smile on their lips. He knew that the Warlock genuinely happy for his new family life.

The woman who had vowed to kill Max, was an old, conservative Warlock. He had never particularly liked her, she wasn't respected. All she could do was chatter and complain. Max was safe, for now he was.

That would change if Alec would draw his weapon, so Magnus could only hope that his husband would trust him with this.

As guessed by the Warlock, their bond and quiet understanding of each other was strong enough to have Alec move his hand away from his weapon

Magnus sighed relieved and gave him a soft nod, then he straightened his shoulders and spoke up.

"According to the Book of the White, every Warlock parent whose kid stands under investigation, has a right to defend themselves or, if necessary, get a fair trial under the blood moon." With his strong and determined words, the accusations stopped and the room went more quiet.

"One problem.." the unsympathetic witch woman was still smirking. "He isn't your son." She said, as the victorious beam reached her ears.

Magnus smiled back just as big. "Sweetheart, would you?" He barely called Alec sweetheart but he felt like it would piss the bi—, no, he had a kid now, the rude woman off more.

Alec pulled the adoption papers out of his pocket and handed them to her, smiling as well because he must have realized that they weren't in danger any longer and had the upper hand now.

She huffed and finally stopped smiling, going quiet like everyone else.

Magnus took a deep breath, trying to breathe in energy and strength to get through this discussion. He felt Alec's hand slip in his and as they interlocked their fingers, he smiled.

They were a team, a union and together, they could even win against a room full of Downworlders, especially if it came down to protecting their family

꧁꧂

"That was .. something." Alec mumbled, sounding highly exhausted.

"I know but now it's over." Magnus gave him a small smile and leaned over to kiss his jaw, the part he reached the best without having to stretch or go on his tiptoes.

They stood outside the mansion now. It was already dark and Magnus wished he could just roll up in Alec's arms and sleep, just as Max did.

The discussion had been highly exhausting. First, he had needed to tell the whole story, knowing that truth and only truth would get them through this. Alec had been right after all and Magnus felt stupid now, when he thought back of his idea to fool them.

He had explained how they had found Max and the difficulties with the book. By telling that, he had found himself in a discussion about why they hadn't brought the book to the labyrinth immediately. He wasn't sure if they had truly understood the fear he had had because Max was so important to him, of course they couldn't — Warlocks usually didn't have children. Besides, they weren't a Downworlder household and he just couldn't run to his people, expecting Alec not to tell any Nephilim.

Next up, the story about the angels. They hadn't believed it, so Magnus had conjured the book and lead them through the pages again, explaining the decoding process. At that point, he had realized that his husband was zoned out, who could blame him.

He told them what they had found out about the fires and that they stopped once a village was burnt down completely. Brutal honesty was the mission, even if he had to admit that it wasn't really the best news and that you actually could argue against Max if you'd want to go the easy way. The right way was, of course, pro Max.

They had been told that the Labyrinth would discuss the matter and give them a call soon. Magnus already knew that keeping Max would be connected to many conditions. Diego had already told him one of them.

"We can't fully tolerate it there's a danger to the mundane world, we understand that it's not Max' fault, so we will give you time.
You get a month to find the angels and stop them from hurting more people. If within that time, fires are still spreading, then I fear I can't protect him anymore."

It was obvious what that meant. Find a way to talk to and ease the angels, or end up with a dead kid.

꧁꧂

"Let's get out of here." Luckily, getting out was much easier than getting in and the second Magnus stepped a foot into their apartment, he felt a wave of relief and exhaustion rush over him.

Alec brought Max to bed and the way he looked at him, once he was back, already told Magnus what they needed.

He pulled his husband down to the sofa and wrapped him in his arms, kissing his shoulder before he rested his head on it, taking a few deep breaths from which he hoped would make him feel better.

It usually worked because Alec's scent, his breath, his muscular body, it always made him feel better

It usually worked because Alec's scent, his breath, his muscular body, it always made him feel better. Maybe it didn't work as good as usual because Alec wasn't his only family anymore. Maybe he needed Max to clam him down too.

"I want to sleep and never get up." Alec mumbled and wrapped his legs around Magnus, his nose buried in his neck. The Warlock summoned the fluffy blanket from the bedroom and let them fall over them. Being warm and in your lovers arms obviously helped, regardless.

Magnus had wanted to talk about it, discuss what had happened, explain, in case Alec hadn't understood anything. He had also wanted to start looking for solutions considering their task, one that seemed impossible to solve.

But before he could dive into all that, Alec had already fallen asleep and as he fell backwards on the sofa — to be more comfortable — so did Magnus.

꧁__________________________꧂
Not too happy with this chapter 👉👈 but that's what happens when u start publishing before you finished a story 😂 I really hope you're still enjoying it! 💛
Always open for criticism and notes
꧁__________________________꧂