꧁40꧂

Alec
꧁__________________________꧂

Alec wasn't sure if he had ever held his breath that long. Exhaling just didn't come to his mind, as he watched the rain pour down on the forest, hitting his son with all its force. It was drowning the trees and simply didn't want to stop.

He had an assumption of what the angels were expecting from Max

He had an assumption of what the angels were expecting from Max. He must be allowed to save trees and animals from a forest fire. However, control must be the key. This wasn't under control whatsoever and Alec felt his heart sink and his insights crumble. Was that it?

"Alexander!" Magnus was tearing at his jacket, having finally lifted his head out of his chest to watch what was going on. "Look!"

Alec looked and finally, exhaled. Max was doing something, he was whispering, almost chanting and after a few more seconds, the rain cloud suddenly popped like a soap bubble.

The fire was out and the forest saved from the flood. Max' face was finally happy, when a little exhausted. Magnus was sniffing low against Alec's chest and he brought his fingers back to his hair which had once been styled perfectly but were now a mess, due to the fondling.

Usually, he wasn't allowed to mess it up that much but he could tell that it calmed his husband and that it had been very much needed on a day like this

"Congratulations.." Gabriel suddenly said and the glas bowl between them popped like the cloud had. "It was close.. but he passed."

Alec exhaled even harder and with that, about every inch of air, that had been suffocating his lungs over the last hours, finally left his throat. He looked down at Magnus and saw his huge smile. The Shadowhunter returned it and chuckled, suddenly feeling as light as a feather.

"Where is he?" Magnus asked urgently.

"He should be here any –"

"Dada!" A squeal from behind made Alec whirl around. There he was, his baby boy. Max' arms were reached out and he was running towards him, almost stumbling over his own feet.