꧁10꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

Magnus' first reaction was to laugh. He probably shouldn't have. "You want us to have a baby? Did I miss April fools?" He chuckled again and pet Alec's shoulder.

"Seriously why are you home? You're hungry? Let me make you some food, I bet they didn't let you eat and were just on your nerves the whole time. You think I didn't notice, darling but ever since the demon attacks are back, you lost weight and then I make you those sandwiches you know.. made with love but you never finish them.."

Magnus just kept rambling, he needed to. What else was he supposed to do but pretend Alec hadn't meant that serious. He knew he had.

He wasn't quite sure why his husband's request threw him off so dramatically, he was probably just overwhelmed.

Keep him? Raise him? Be a dad? Long term?

Blueberry was a Warlock, he would live forever. Magnus' responsibility in this was so much higher than Alec's. He knew how badly fathers could mess up their children, he had been so close to the dark side so many times and still felt it inside him.

What if he wasn't the right one for this? What if the baby would be happier somewhere else? What if he failed and would feel the guilt for the rest of his immortal life.

"Just say 'no'." Alec said dryly and Magnus instantly knew that he was hurt.

"Alexander.."

Little One made a confused sound and looked from the Warlock to the Shadowhunter, his eyes lighting up in intrigue.

"No.. just.. forget it. Doesn't matter!"

The fake smile Alec gave him stabbed his heart more than if he would have looked mad. "Don't hide your feelings from me, please.." He whispered.

Alec didn't say anything and went to the sofa to sit down, he looked like he was processing while he let the baby play with the wedding ring on his finger.

The silence, which gave Magnus the possibility to think more about it, wasn't useful.

Alec will die. He will die, I will be alone.

He looked at the blue child

He looked at the blue child. This baby deserved a family. 

"I don't know!" He admitted and walked over, falling next to them on the sofa. He looked at the smiling baby and sighed. He adored him, no question.

"Tell me your thoughts.." Alec demanded and turned his head to meet his eyes.

Magnus sighed and thought for a moment in order to put them in an understandable way.

"I'm scared to mess him up. You.. you maybe think it's 'us' but you won't be forever and in the end.. it's only me. I will have this responsibility forever.. "

Silence.

"I haven't thought of it that way" Alec whispered. "I was pretty egoistic. I'm sorry. But I have to admit.. I like the idea that in around seventy years.. you won't be alone.."

Magnus bit his lips and sighed. He hadn't thought about that aspect yet. Company for eternity was a tempting offer but what if the boy would just remind him of Alec? A constant reminder of his dead husband. It would be torture.

"How about I'll think about it"

"Sure." Alec smiled and it seemed to be a little more authentic then the last.

"But why did you leave the institute so early?" The Warlock asked and took the remote. It was Thursday, meaning their favourite cooking show would be on soon.

Magnus had made Alec watch it, with the hope he would learn how to cook. It hadn't worked. All it had done was make Alec compare his husbands dishes to how the ones in the show which had caused a dramatic outburst Magnus' and ever since exaggerated praise by Alec for his food. They still watched the show however because they had started to enjoy the mundane mess.

"I was just so stressed, yelling around.. oh Lorenzo might complain to you about me.."

A frown showed on Magnus' face. "What did you do?"

"Nothing. I just yelled at Andrew and then called him Lorenzo's boy toy, oh and I might have insulted his cocktails.."

"You're such an idiot

"You're such an idiot." The Warlock sighed deeply and shook his head.

"Ibiop.." the baby mumbled and giggled from his own sounds.

"Good job Magnus, that's just the best first word ever!" Alec said sarcastically but Magnus just smiled, his eyes filled with adoration.

"Blueberry can witch, Blueberry can talk, he's a little wonder, aren't you?"

Little One's dark blue eyes lit up when Magnus gave him so much attention and he clapped his hands happily.

He saw the look on Alec's face. It was a longing look. He could tell that Alec had already wrapped himself around the thought of this child being theirs. How could Magnus deny without breaking his lovers heart?

"There's something else.." The Nephilim said now, his voice filled with the insecurities from before again. "..I want him to have a name. He deserves a name."

Magnus nodded. "You're right. I just didn't want to.."

"..get attached babe, I know."

He nodded, Alec knew him better than anyone. "Yeah.. well, it's too late anyways. What name do you have in mind?"

"Max" Was the whispered answer which made Magnus smile sadly.

He gave a small nod. "Max it is. Max indeed."

Alec's eyes lit up and he returned the smile, clearly relieved about his answer.

"Maxwell too much Lightwood-Bane."

꧁__________________________꧂

Hope you enjoyed (: don't forget to vote if you did and comment your thoughts ❤️
꧁__________________________꧂