꧁13꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

Magnus was glad that he had overcome his ego last night and joined Alec in bed to apologize and sleep in his arms. He just couldn't sleep without Alec's scent around him.

His nose was buried in his husband's neck, legs tangled, as he woke up. Alec was still deep asleep, no surprise, considering the late-night confrontations.

Magnus carefully moved out of the Nephilim's arms and got up. He put on his sleeping gown and planned to go to the kitchen to get his usual cup of coffee but his intuition brought him somewhere else.

He found himself in the guestroom to check on the baby. Max was already awake but instead of screaming for attention, he seemed to have found a way to occupy himself. The blue boy had formed small snowflakes with his hands and was now playing happily with them, adorable giggles escaping his mouth.

Magnus sighed a little relieved and smiled. "Oh, look at you now, so peaceful and adorable. One could think you're an angel through and through." He picked him up and felt his heart melt when Max squeaked happily and wrapped his tiny arms around Magnus's neck.

The Warlock had tried to make a decision on the matter of whether or not to keep the baby. The incident last night had forced him to overthink and question it all once again.

He knew that his and Alec's love was strong and stable enough to provide a good and loving environment for a growing up child. He knew they could do this and be amazing fathers if he would overcome his fear to be like his own.

Max was by no means an easy boy. He was impulsive and had probably trust issues, due to his past. He had powers so strong that not even himself, the high Warlock understood them.

One he knew now for sure, Max would be lost without them. He would grow up in fear of himself, probably told to hide his true powers because they were too dangerous. He would get told that he was different and unusual, that he didn't belong in this world, and needed to change into someone else, in order to be accepted into society. This would potentially lead to a little boy who was afraid of himself, bottling up his powers until they would burst out one day and take everything he loved.

Maybe this future vision was pessimistic but it was the only one Magnus saw for Max if he would have parents who wouldn't understand him. The boy could also become something special, considered a wonder instead of a monster, and do good in the world. His powers could be useful and important one day if he would have guardians to teach him the right ways.

Magnus had been scared of the responsibility and it had even grown, now that he knew for sure that Max was something special, probably a whole different species.

But now, lost in the baby's dark ocean eyes, he realized that it couldn't be a coincidence that out of everyone, his husband had found this baby and fallen in love with him. Max needed a family and Magnus promised himself to be the best father he could be. Who was he kidding? He couldn't live without his Blueberry anyways.

Magnus chose breakfast as a good occasion to tell his husband the good news.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.