꧁35꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

To Magnus' relief, it had turned out that the Warlock, named Terran, wasn't an imposter. He was far ahead of his reputation and truly owned powers that Magnus had never seen before.

He wasn't quite an Akasth but knew well about them and had studied some of their ancient practices. The fact that he knew of the ancient creatures was already a win in itself. Just like the book that they had found, Terran must have found something similar, meaning that the angels did a slightly sloppy job when disguising the mistakes of their past.

This was their best shot. But what could Magnus offer a Earth Warlock in return to tutor his son?

It was crucial to prepare Max for the test and despite being alive for centuries, Magnus had no idea how he could do it without Terran's help.

Max didn't have the words to explain what he felt, why it hurt and what it took to be dared by nature.

What Magnus had been doing so far was learning. Sitting with the other Warlocks in a big tent every day and following every of Terran's instructions. First Magnus had thought that he might be able to understand it and help Max himself, but it had turned out that this simply wasn't his thing.

There were countless things which the Icelandic Warlock did that Magnus just couldn't and had also never seen before. He made things grow, he planted things in the ground without having stolen seeds from garden shops, he just let the earth guide him somehow and used only the resources given.

Whenever Magnus had some free time, he called Alec. Whenever he went to sleep, he realized how hard it had gotten to live without his husband. He missed Max too but it was a different kind of longing. The Warlock hadn't thought that he could miss on person so damn much. Him and Alec hadn't been apart for so long ever since he had been trapped in Edom.

What was worse was seeing how it affected Alec to be a single parent

What was worse was seeing how it affected Alec to be a single parent. He might try to hide it but Magnus knew him better than anyone. Alec wasn't okay and he needed to get back as soon as possible.

꧁꧂

Another day went to end and as always , Magnus waited until the last Warlock had left to catch Terran alone and talk to him. It never worked, the tall man always disappeared before anyone could start a conversation with him.

But today it was different and it was Terran who called Magnus to him. "Lightwood-Bane, stay."

Curiously and hopeful, Magnus stayed. He waited, sitting on a small pillow on the ground until Terran came to join him.

"You're trying hard but the earth is not in you, my friend. I must say that I do not understand why you want to learn something that clearly isn't your call."

Magnus nodded, he had known that it was only a matter of time until he would be detected. He simply wasn't as connected to the planet and flowery-minded as all the others who came to learn. He had just thought that maybe he could do it and be able to save Max alone. But he doubted that and realized more than ever, that they needed Terran, no matter the cost and this was the chance.