꧁27꧂

Maxwell
꧁__________________________꧂

Max wanted to fly, he wanted to do somersaults and get chased through the building by his daddies but he couldn't. He tried really really hard but he simply couldn't do it. It was frustrating. He felt a lump in his throat, thinking that maybe, he would never fly again.

"Daddy, fly?" He asked his father who seemed distracted by the ancient posts which decorated the hallway. "Daddy!" Max squealed and felt like his voice was a million times stronger than usual —  it even got repeated. He giggled and started squealing happily when his giggles echoed from the walls as well.

"You can't fly now, blueberry

"You can't fly now, blueberry. You can fly again when we're home, alright?" Alec ruffled Max' hair and pecked his forehead. "Be a bit quiet, we're guests here and we need to be respectful, do you understand that?"

He made big eyes and slowly nodded, not really understanding all the words but figuring that he should be quiet and patient.

Max nuzzled his face into Alec's chest, his eyes fixed on the floor. The pattern on the marble was actually really interesting and all these twirls and symbols reminded him of something. Something very long ago but he couldn't quite put his finger on it, so he just closed his eyes and dreamt of blue unicorns.

꧁꧂

"Welcome, Mister and Mister Lightwood-Bane." A loud voice woke Max and he lifted his head. His eyes met light green ones with barely a pupil visible but that wasn't even what scared him.

It was the fact that they were suddenly in a room filled with people he didn't know. Were it even people? They looked terrifying and not like anything he had ever seen before.

Someone had a tail, the skin of a woman snake scales, he saw many horns and a million pairs of haunting eyes. All the creatures seemed to be busy with something. But it was hard to point out with what or whome. Everyone seemed to be everywhere and constantly interfered in the doing of others. It was a huge creepy mess and not only the green eyes were suddenly on him.

Max whimpered quietly and turned his head to hide it in Alec's chest. He felt his Daddy's hand on his head and that gave him some reassurance. At least he wasn't alone, his parents would protect him.

"A Nephilim." A whisper went through the rows, it didn't sound pleasant, more like a sound of humiliation. He felt his Daddy tense and convulsed his tiny body.

"Yes, I'm a Warlock and — you can gasp here — I'm married to a Shadowhunter. In Lilith' name, get over it." Magnus said annoyed and straightened his shoulders.
"We're here because we adopted a son, Max, and we need you to .. do the usual procedure thing.. well almost, I mean, he's not exactly a Warlock..."

The crowd gave Max confused gazes and he wondered what his Bapak had said to get even more attention on him. He didn't like it.

"What do you mean?" The man with the green eyes asked and Magnus started talking about very complicated things. Max zoned out a bit and looked up at Alec, fear in his eyes, he needed some reassurance.