꧁33꧂

Magnus
꧁__________________________꧂

Magnus had had these moments before in his past. A moment in which you knew that what you said, all you did, would impact your further life. If they failed this, then they would lose their son. He wasn't sure if his fragile heart would be able to take it.

It had been risky enough to fully give himself to Alec, knowing his husband was mortal. The course of life, he had told himself back then, enjoy the moment, carpe diem. Max would be immortal, they didn't know at what age but eventually he would stop growing.

It was selfish but Magnus had really looked forward to having an immortal son. He would have a family member to stay with him forever. He would have someone who would understand his loss once Alec was gone. Magnus loved this boy, he needed Max and therefore this moment might be one of the most important ones in his life.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Please, listen.. you can take away his powers, you can train him, we can make sure he learns to let go of nature or maybe nature will, so he can take over. I don't know the future but this situation isn't doomed. It's not about living or dying, it's about a solution, one that can be found.. together. Something to work for all of us! Isn't that what you angels preach? The best, the happiest for the biggest amount of people?"

His knees slowly hurt from being on them and his neck from looking up but he didn't care. They had to obey this creature, despite what everyone said, Magnus was sure that angels had a big ego. If they would just push it, feed it and apply at their empathy and logic, then they might have a chance.

"It's not on me to make such big decision." The angel finally said and Magnus realized that they had convinced him. He might give them a chance but what about the rest?

"I understand, talk to the others, make them see the injustice, please! And if the decision isn't the one we crave, then we deserve a trial." He looked at Alec for help and his husband instantly jumped in with the exact right words.

"And shall the justice victor over whoever was in doubt of the balance of the world." He quoted an ancient verse which had once been preached by the angels. Magnus would have never thought that Alec's Shadowhunter Academy wisdom — despite fighting — could be useful.

Silence. Then Max awoke and yawned shyly. He rubbed his eyes with his tiny fists and looked up. As he realize that the person who held him was neither Magnus nor Alec, nor his auntie or uncle, but a very bright stranger, he started to cry.

"Dadaa?!" He cried out and turned his head. He stopped when he saw Magnus and Alec on the floor. Then he reached out with his arms to be handed back to them.

Magnus felt his heart ache and reached with his hands as well, begging the angel would let him hold his boy.

Instead, what happened was yet another change of the weather. Max had crushed the rain which had tried to fall to earth a few hours before, now the angel seemed to bring previous clouds back.