꧁16꧂

Alexander
꧁__________________________꧂

Alec followed Isabelle through the hallways and to the weapon room. They got special gear to be protected in the fire and then met Jace on the way to Clary.

"This doesn't make sense," Jace said and looked at Alec, rushing through the institute. "It's the same fire in which Max' mother died in. I already sent a test to Lorenzo and he confirmed that it's the exact same weird power. It's not even fire, it's something else. Maybe Magnus should come with us and check it out."

"He's taking care of Max and I certainly won't let either of them do anything dangerous." Alec said firmly. The protection of his family was his top priority.

"I get it. But then maybe at least, let's take some more samples and let Magnus check them out."

꧁꧂

They arrived in the village, the Shadowhunters had already evacuated the whole place

They arrived in the village, the Shadowhunters had already evacuated the whole place. All that was left now were burning houses and strolling demons. Alec got his bow ready and went in a position to fight.

"How did the other fires get distinguished?" He yelled over the noise towards Isabelle.

"They just vanished when the village was burned down!" His sister shouted, trying to be heard in the chaos around them.

What was even going on? Alec should have given the whole matter more attention and curiosity. Someone or something was placing fires in, seemingly random, villages and removed them once the place was burned down. At least this time they had been prepared and able to save the citizens.

Who had such power? Was the goal the destruction of the city? Or were they looking for something? Someone? But how would setting fires help? On top of that, weird magical fires...

"Watch your back!" Clary yelled and Alec turned, pulling his bow and shooting the arrow right in the demon's heart.

"I'll give you all cover!" He informed his team, making up his mind and turning to find a high located spot so he could shoot his arrows and help his friends this way