꧁1꧂

Alexander
꧁__________________________꧂

Alexander Lightwoodbane was a tall and muscular Shadowhunter. People might feel the urge to call him pretty, with his hazel eyes, black hair and a smile, which lit up his whole face. No one however would actually dare to say it out loud because they would fear to anger his husband, who could get possessive at times.

Alec carefully approached the baby, which laid in the crib. It was obvious that his mother had been poor. He actually laid in a bed out of straw, only a thin blanket covering, so it wouldn't poke the boy.

Alec wasn't the best at looking friendly, he usually had a resting serious face, which was necessary for his job as a demon hunter.

Only his husband could turn him into a smiling mess but when he was out and about, he wouldn't normally do any kind of a joyful gesture.

It wasn't the best expression to show a scared baby, especially not with the black mess of demon blood, covering most of his face.

Alec tried to force a small smile at the little one as he glamored his bow and arrows, in order not to scare the kid .

His Parabatai, Jace, wasn't the most charismatic either and decided to stay behind a little. He let his brother take care of the situation, examining the house in the meantime.

The only valuable things in it was the book, which laid on the couch table now, if you could call the old flipped around box a table.

"Hey.. I'm not here to harm you" he said softly. "Come on little one, let's get you out of here"

Alec gently picked up the little boy, noticing only now that he certainly wasn't human. It was already slowly getting dark and only the light of the flames gave him enough light to see the baby.

Alec frowned, when he held the tiny being closer to his eyes to see him properly.

His skin was blue.
A warlock.

"Alec, come on we gotta go. This whole place will soon burn to the ground and the demons keep coming!"

Jace's voice sounded concerned now, as he looked out of the window and saw how bad the fire had spread. Alec knew they had to hurry.

They had been called to handle a demon attack, nothing special, it was their job after all but who would have known that it was a whole demon horde. Alec was normally on his desk, doing the paper work. He was done with the 'dirty business' like Jace called it. He was the boss now after all, inquisitor.

But winter had hit the institute hard and several Shadowhunters had called in sick, not that he had complained, paperwork was boring and tiring and he had been desperate for some action. Not this kind of action however.

Magnus would kill me when he knew that I'm about to fight a demon horde without backup, he thought and couldn't stop his lips from curling into a soft smile when he thought about his caring husband.