Chapter 32

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:
"Acceptance"

KATHERINE sat quietly on rich bermuda grass, her deep gray eyes stare at the horizon. Beads of tears threaten to fall off her eyes. "How do something beautiful turn to a huge blessing...at the same time heart ...heartbreak?", She asked.

Mother Goose let down her auburn hair down and get brush by the wind, comforting her aching heart. It's not Jack Frost whom she's in love with but it's Jack Frost's past life named Nightlight. An entity that guards the royal family of Lunar and the most loyal creature the King and Queen has created. He is the last of his kind, his brothers turned to stars, guarding him from the afar.

The gooses just watch her cry near the river of her territory, Mother Goose hug herself and cry on her knees. "Shouldn't I be happy for Nightlight? He's reincarnated as Jack Frost, he won't die anymore....", Mother Goose chuckled sadly.

"Do you know how to dance?", Katherine asked Nightlight. Nightlight's blue starry eyes stare back at her gray ones. His thin pale porcelain lips curved a smile before nodding. They are both seated in rich bermuda grass. The wind makes the ambiance relaxing, soothing.

They are very comfortable of each other.

"The King of Lunar taught me how to dance, I can't remember when...hmmm maybe that's way back a hundred year after Manny's birthday?", Nightlight tapped his lips with his index finger.

Katherine giggled, putting strands of her auburn curly locks behind her ear. She blushed. They are currently in Grandé of Santoff Clausen Ganderly, the longest and biggest river among all of the river that every legend has. Bigger than Kumandra's river.

It was night time and it became a habit for Nightlight to visit Mother Goose every night, just to see her and talk to her. He must say that he have a heart for an entity, a nightlight that committed an oath for his beloved. The King and Queen permitted him to see Katherine for they know what Nighlight feels for the guardian of storytelling and the mother of literature.

"What are we going to do? Let's dance, the crickets are humming a very romantic tune", Nighlight chuckled. He lend a hand, offering Katherine to have a dance with him. "May I have this dance?", He smiled. Katherine blushed even more when Nightlight rise both of his eyebrows, his dimples were showing as he smile generously. This is what Mother Goose love about Nighlight. His soft and gentle aura, always looking after the people he loves.

"Yes", Mother Goose smiled taking his hand. Nighlight smile even more. Slowly and carefully, they dance with the music of the nature. The tune of the crickets, gush of river and gust of wind matching their moves. Nightlight look passionately in her gray eyes, his blue eyes, full of generosity, compassion and love towards her. They are performing waltz, fireflies circled around them, making them see each other clearly. The King and Queen on the moon held hands together, smiling at the scenery. They're happy for Nighlight. Queen Tsarina leaned her head against King Tsar's chest.

"I'll remember this dance my lady", Nightlight smiled at Katherine. They both look at the fireflies that formed hearts around them, making them giggle together.

"Me too", Katherine smiled leaning her head against Nightlight's chest. She wrap her arms around his neck, hugging him.

"We used to enjoy dancing and singing together next to this river...and now...I only visit this place alone", Katherine cried. Her gooses look at her worriedly, they cuddled her. She hugged their bodies. "I miss him, I miss him so much", she cried more. The gooses wrap their wings around their master, comforting her. Toothiana's flying a few meters away from Katherine, her purple eyes are concerned. "....But I accept that he's gone and he's never coming back. I need to be strong and help my fellow guardians", Katherine sniffed.