Chemistry

Kurt knew that Blaine was a geek, and he loved that about him – most of the time, but this... Maybe this was a little bit too geeky, even for his tastes.

Beryllium, the first note said.

He'd found it stuffed in one of his coat pockets, and he could tell from the handwriting that it was Blaine's. At first, he'd just rolled his eyes at the fact that his boyfriend's nerd side was showing again, but when he pulled out his history book and found a small, crumbled piece of paper that read,

MO, but minus letters 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, he started getting confused.

After history, when he opened his locker to pull out his math book, he found a note that said Praseodymium and Oxygen. He sighed and then looked around, trying to see if he could spot Blaine somewhere in the hall.

He was nowhere to be seen.

Putting the note in his pocket with the others, be figured that he'd just see Blaine at lunch. But, when he got to lunch an hour later, Blaine was still nowhere to bee seen. Instead, when he was paying for his lunch, the cashier handed him a piece of paper with an odd look on her face.

"I don't know, kid," she said when he raised an eyebrow at her.

Instead of trying to get anything out of her, he took the paper and made his way over to his normal table. When he read it, he found,

Mt, but only the beginning letter.

He was still staring at it when Mercedes sat down beside him. "Hey," she said, sliding another piece of paper over to him. "Your boyfriend told me to give this to you."

Dubnium, but only the first letter.

As well as,

Astatine, and Ne, but only letter number 2.

He looked up at Mercedes, but she just shrugged. "Don't ask me," she said, taking a bite of her tots.

Kurt completely forgot about the notes until after school, when he decided to make his quick stop to his locker before Glee started. When he opened it, he found a printed out copy of the periodic table of elements sitting on top of his music binder. He stared at it for a while, before it clicked. Grabbing the paper, he ran to the library as fast as he could.

Twenty minutes later, although he was late and interrupting one of Rachel's many rants about what solo would be good for her to sing, Kurt burst into the room and tackled Blaine in a hug and kissed him full on the lips.

A piece of paper fell from his hands, and Mercedes bent to pick it up. She read it and couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face.

Beryllium – Be

MO, but minus letters 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 - M and Y

Praseodymium – Pr

Oxygen - O

Mt, but only the beginning letter - M

Dubnium, but only the first letter – D

Astatine – At

Ne, but only letter number 2 – E

Be My Prom Date?