Tutoring

"Kurt, this makes no sense."

Blaine threw down the textbook in frustration, looking up to where the younger boy sat typing away at an essay. He took a moment to admire how gorgeous his roommate looked when he was concentrating, then realized Kurt was talking to him.

"Blaine, I explained it to you five minutes ago. How have you forgotten already?"

"Because I don't understand written French!" Blaine rolled onto his back and stared at the roof. "It's complete gibberish to me, it's kind of like -" he searched for an appropriate word, noting Kurt closing his laptop out of the corner of his eye.

"Like another language?"

"Yes!" Blaine heard Kurt start sniggering as he blushed. "Shut up, that was cruel. It's like you and math. You don't get that easily."

"No, but I keep trying until I do get it. You give up after five minutes." Blaine sat up, kicking his legs over the side of the bed and facing his exasperated friend. "Honestly, Blaine, I don't get it. You can speak French nearly as well as me and you writlookingoherently. But you can't understand it when someone else says or writes it?"

Blaine shrugged. "I can't help the way my mind works. Besides, we can't all be fluent like you. Can you give me more practice stuff, please?"

"The textbook has plenty of practice sentences."

"But they don't have practice listening stuff." Blaine gave Kurt his best puppy-dog eyes. "Please?" He smiled happily when Kurt sighed and agreed, knowing full well that he didn't want to learn French so much as hear his friend talk French because that was hot.

"Okay.. let me think... Je n'ai jamais eu le courage pour le dire auparavant, mais je crois que je vous aime."(1)

Blaine blinked, trying to wrap his head around the words and not be distracted by the sexy French accent Kurt had just used. "Um..."

Kurt rolled his eyes. "Give me that." He took the paper from Blaine's hands and quickly wrote it down. "When you have an answer, in French, let me know. Meanwhile, I'll be studying A Man For All Seasons." He opened his laptop again and busied himself typing.

Blaine looked down at the piece of paper that had the words Kurt had just spoken on it. He opened his mouth to complain about how difficult it was, then snapped it shut again as he processed the last few minutes. There had been a look on Blaine's face that he had only seen once before, when he was telling Blaine about the Karofsky thing. It looked like he was drawing up the courage to say something big. He snuck a peek at Kurt who was biting his lip in concentration and decided he'd work all damn night if he had to, but he wanted to know what that message said. He skimmed over it one more time, noting the word courage and then his mind caught on the word aime. Isn't that to do with love...?

Blaine pulled out his dictionary and set to work.

Kurt typed away hurridly, pretending to work on his essay but actually instant messaging Mercedes.

He's translating it now, I can't believe I did that - K

Well white boy, it's the moment of truth. Listen, I've got to go, shopping with Q today but text me and tell me how it goes. If it doesn't work out, we'll have a Gossip Girl sesh, okay? - M

Alright. You two have fun - K

Same to you ;) - M

Kurt pressed his lips together to supress a laugh, closing the window. He had just started getting back into his essay when he heard a soft gasp from Blaine. Don't look up, don't look up.. he chanted to himself, focusing on his computer screen until he knew Blaine wasn't looking and felt safe in sneaking a peek at him.

Blaine was scribbling furiously at the bottom of the page, his brow furrowed. Kurt's heart sank as he interpreted the concentration as Blaine trying to find the best way to break the bad news to him. The silence dragged on until Kurt couldn't bear it anymore. He was just about to scream Just tell me already! when Blaine looked up and caught his eye.

"Kurt. Je crois que je vous ai aimés pour toujours."

Kurt stared at Blaine as the words filtered into his brain and automatically translated for him. Blaine pushed the piece of paper over to him and he read it twice, trying to comprehend what he was sure his brain had gotten wrong.

Kurt, I think I've loved you forever.

And then he was out of his seat, laptop discarded, rushing over to Blaine and before either of them knew what he was doing, he kissed him.

Brittany's lips had tasted like rootbeer. Karofsky had the remnant taste of cheeseburger, something Kurt could never stomach after that day. But Blaine... his lips tasted a little like coffee, but so much like something Kurt couldn't put his finger on. Blaine tastes like ... Blaine.

And then the taste of Blaine receeded as he pulled away, linking his hands in Kurt's. "Well, I was all set to lookin up, "Will you be my boyfriend?" in French and then take it from there, but you seem to have other plans."

Kurt nudged him playfully and they sat in comfortable silence for a moment, both lost in their thoughts until Kurt broke it.

"You know, you still have your French exam tomorrow."

Blaine groaned, glaring at the textbook on the floor. "I don't want to..."

Kurt winked at him. "I'm sure we can come up with a suitable reward system." He deliberately made his voice as alluring as possible and watched with amusement as Blaine's eyes glazed over.

"You know, I'm suddenly in the mood for learning French verbs."

(1) 'I've never had the courage to say so before but I think I love you.'