Aftermath

I'm sorry that I have been absent lately, family problems and school has been a bitch. But here are 6 chapters to make up for my absence xx

-------------------------

Jeremiah walked away and Blaine watched him go. Even though there was a weight in his heart, strangely enough he didn't feel as upset as he thought he would. There was almost a sense of relief that his silly crush had been .. well, crushed. Because that meant when he truly fell for someone, he would know what to expect if things didn't work out. And it gave him the chance to keep looking. Perhaps someone your own age is a good start.

Blaine realized Kurt hadn't said anything and turned to him, only to see him standing up. "Kurt, where are you going?"

Kurt turned back to look at him and Blaine froze as their eyes connected. He had never seen Kurt so ... angry? Without a word, Kurt turned and strode away in the direction of the shops.

Blaine stayed frozen, trying to work out what would provoke that anger in his friend. And was it just anger? There seemed to be something else under the surface -

"Blaine Anderson, you are an idiot."

There was a thud on either side of him as Wes and David sat down on the bench. Blaine turned to Wes who had spoken, glaring. "Don't you think I feel awful enough, Wes? I just sung to a guy who got fired because of me and rejected me, now Kurt's angry and I don't know why -"

"And that's where you're an idiot." David chimed in from the other side, Blaine now focusing his ire on him. Before he could speak, David continued. "We know why Kurt's angry."

"Yep, and it's your fault." Blaine was starting to feel like he was watching a game of ping pong so he stood, turning to face his friends.

"Well, by all means, tell me so I can go fix the problem," he spat out, glancing in the direction Kurt had disappeared to. No sign of him.

"Why did you sing to Jeremiah?"

Blaine felt his face flush as it did any time he talked about guys with his two straight-as-rulers friends. "Well... I don't know. He was cute, we got on well, I thought maybe -"

"Were you attracted to him?" David asked bluntly.

"I - I thought so - maybe -"

"No, you weren't. Blaine, what you have is Singleitis." Blaine raised an eyebrow at how official Wes could make his made up term sound. "Valentines Day comes around and you get lonely, wanting someone to share it with. So you jump the closest guy you think you could possibly have a chance with. If that had been successful, you guys would've broken up within the next two weeks anyway."

"Dating someone on Valentines Day doesn't work," David agreed. "I mean, think of all of Wes' failed attempts."

"Shut up, David," Wes calmly told his friend, then continued. "So, here's the question. You and Kurt are friends, you're gay, he's gay. Why not him?"

"What? I could never do that to Kurt! He means too much to me."

David smirked as Blaine hastily added, "As a friend!"

"No, Blaine, that's where you're wrong." Wes stood so he was eye-to-eye with Blaine. "You were never attracted to Jeremiah because you're attracted to Kurt. You've just let yourself stay blind to that because it's the first time you've felt something real for someone and you don't want to screw it up. Think about it some and you'll realize it's true."

David also stood, continuing on from where Wes left off while Blaine's mind frantically tried to catch up. "Now, why did Kurt run off all mad? Well, he wasn't all mad. He was fairly upset too. And the reason; he was naive enough to think you were going to sing to him. Funnily enough, we all were. Blaine, we never would've agreed to this if we hadn't thought it was going to be Kurt you were singing to. You didn't see him in that meeting. He was so eager to back you up and make sure you could sing that song, until he found out you were singing to Jeremiah. Then he just ... he deflated. I wanted to go give him a hug right there and then because I saw his heart break. I also wanted to hit you for doing that, and possibly call off this, but by then it was too late and Wes wouldn't lend me his gavel."