Fair

"Kurt, you look fine."

Blaine ducked to avoid a shirt being thrown his way. "Seriously, it's just down on the field. It's not like we're going anywhere particularly fancy."

Kurt's head poked out of his closet door. "It's a fair, Blaine. Which means I need to find the perfect outfit which is a combination of hey-I'm-here-to-have-fun and I'm-too-old-for-this-I'm-just-getting-dragged-here-by-my-overexcitable-boyfriend."

"It's a fair, Kurt. A fair! You so want to be there just as much as I do."

Kurt, finally dressed, appeared out of his wardrobe. "Well.. yeah." He gave his classic Kurt-smirk before grabbing his bag from the bed, totally ignoring the piles of clothes everywhere.

Blaine held out his arm. "Shall we, good sir?"

"You're lame," Kurt replied, rolling his eyes but taking Blaine's hand in his.

Blaine leant over to give him a quick kiss on the check. "I aim to please."

Kurt couldn't stop the light blush from crossing his face at the close contact and Blaine smiled at how adorable he looked. He and Kurt had only been official for a week now and so far that was the closest they had gotten to kissing. Instead of jumping straight into it, the two had sat down and discussed how they felt about the physical side of things. They had come to the agreement that because they were both novices, they would take it slow and Kurt would call the shots for the most part because of his past. Other than that, they'd just be a normal teenage couple.

As they walked, Blaine idly began to hum. "What's that?" Kurt asked. Instead of replying, Blaine began to sing:

"Baby, let's cruise,"

Kurt immediately chimed in; "Away from here,"

"Don't be confused,"

"The way is clear."

The two boys shot each other a smile before singing together, the harmony perfect as usual.

"And if you want it, you got it forever,

This is not a one night stand, baby."

A shiver ran down Blaine's back as Kurt sang the last word, squeezing his hand a bit tighter.

"Yeah, so let the music take your mind

Just release and you will find,

You're gonna fly away, glad you're goin my way,

I love it when we're cruisin' together -"

"And these would be two of our Dalton Academy Warblers right now!"

Kurt and Blaine froze, staring at their principal and three official looking men who had just turned the corner towards them. Mr Matherson was beaming and the men were somewhere between bemused and confused.

"This is Blaine Anderson, our lead soloist and tenor, and Kurt Hummel, our newest Warbler and first countertenor in three years. Gentlemen, this is Misters Criss, Colfer and Hamilton, from the board of directors."

"It's wonderful to meet you, sirs." As usual, Blaine was Mr. Polite, releasing Kurt's hand to shake hands with the three men, Kurt following suit.

"The two of you have lovely voices, and that song is a particular favourite of mine, a wonderful choice." One of the men spoke up, smiling at the boys.

"Thank you sir," Kurt replied, clutching Blaine's hand again.

"Well, we should let you boys get down to the fair! Don't want to make you miss any of the excitement!" The two groups said their goodbyes and Kurt and Blaine headed down the hallway towards the front door. As soon as they were out of earshot, Kurt began to chuckle. "It's always us, isn't it?"