New Favourite Holiday

"I think I have a new favourite holiday!"

Blaine froze in the act of grabbing spoons, turning slightly to see Kurt staring at the plush figures with a fondness totally opposite to his previous look. What changed?

Humming, Kurt grabbed their coffees and sat down at the table. Blaine brought the spoons and sugar over, before excusing himself to the bathroom. Making sure Kurt wasn't looking, he slipped out the front door, sitting on the closest bench.

So, Blaine thought to himself, why is Kurt suddenly happy about Valentines Day? He thought over their conversation and what could have been said to make him change his mind. All I did was mention I wanted to sing to Jeremiah -

But wait. Had he mentioned Jeremiah's name? Blaine racked his brain, trying to think about whether he had brought up his friend's name or not and realized quickly that he hadn't. So, I mentioned I wanted to sing to a guy for Valentines Day, and now Kurt's happy...

Blaine started, almost falling off the bench in shock.

Kurt wants me to sing to him.

Kurt likes me.

Suddenly, the idea of singing to Jeremiah seemed laughable. Jeremiah, with his messy hair and callous, almost abrupt attitude. Jeremiah, the most confident and experienced gay person Blaine knew. Jeremiah, who Blaine had fancied himself in love with.

No way. Jeremiah was nothing compared to Kurt. Kurt with his sarcastic, witty, but still caring personality. Kurt, the out and proud guy who had never had a boyfriend. Kurt, who Blaine had never even thought to imagine as more than a friend, but the idea seemed more and more wonderful the more he thought of it.

In fact -

Blaine's phone started buzzing and he started, jerked out of his thoughts. He grabbed it out of his pocket and frowned when he saw a text from Kurt.

Blaine, I usually don't bother someone when they're in the bathroom, but you've been gone for about ten minutes. Everything okay? - Kurt

Blaine considered the text for a second, before deciding to go on impulse.

Yeah. Can you come outside for a minute? - Blaine

He knew Kurt would be staring at his phone, eyebrow raised, before grabbing their coffees and heading out the door. He'd be walking over now and - sure enough, the door opened and Kurt stepped out, eyeing up Blaine who was still sitting there.

"Blaine?"

"Kurt." Blaine knew he was smiling like a goofball and Kurt had no idea what was going on.

"What are you doing out here?" Kurt set down the coffees and sat down next to Blaine, looking confused. "Are you feeling sick?"

"No, I was just thinking and - Kurt, I realized something."

Kurt raised an eyebrow. "Do tell."

"I don't want to sing to you on Valentines Day."

Kurt's face fell. "Oh. That's alright, that's your decision -"

"Ugh, no, not like that." Blaine sighed. "I suck at this. I was thinking about singing to you, but I realized that you're used to me singing and it's not exactly special anymore. So I wanted to try something else."

"Okay?" Kurt looked at him and Blaine's eyes flickered to his lips, before he leant in and captured them with his own.

He felt a muffled murmur of surprise before Kurt's hand was hesitantly touching his face and he was kissing him back. Blaine wrapped his arms around Kurt's waist, pulling him closer as Kurt's other hand tangled through his hair, running down the back of his neck. After a few moments, Blaine pulled away, still holding Kurt close to him. "I have to be honest with you, before I figured things out I was actually planning to sing to a guy named Jeremiah."

Kurt furrowed his brow in what Blaine considered to be the most adorable way. "Who's Jeremiah?"

"Oh, this guy who works at The Gap. He's got incredible hair. I was planning to have a Warbler Gap Attack and everything, I just didn't know how to ask Wes, and then..."