Road Trip

"Come on, come on, come on!" Wes jumped up and down in the doorway of the room he and Blaine shared.

"Wes, calm down!" Blaine finally lost his temper. "I can almost guarantee that Kurt isn't going to be ready by the time we get out of here and David is still downstairs organizing the final details. We have plenty of time, and for that matter, we're not going anywhere! We're not going to be late for anything. We're packing to sit in a car for two days. We can just relax."

Wes froze at Blaine's outburst before sitting on his bed sulkily as Blaine continued to pack. When David had suggested a road trip over the weekend, Wes had jumped at the opportunity and immediately invited Blaine along, who reluctantly agreed knowing that refusing to go would be more painful than actually going. This seemed to be a yearly ritual for the two boys and they loved including Blaine in their group, which always meant the two of them sitting in the front talking about various girls and how hot they were while Blaine tried to sleep in the backseat.

But this year, when he was complaining to Kurt about it, he got a wonderful shock when Kurt said, "Why don't you invite someone to come with you to keep you sane?"

Blaine had blinked a couple of times, then a smile had crossed his face as he stared at Kurt. As soon as Kurt realized, he tried to backtrack. "I mean, I'm sure Thad or Nick would be willing to come along -"

"Kurt. Please?"

Blaine knew he had killer puppy dog eyes. Everybody told him so. And as such, he usually felt guilty for using them so they were reserved for special occasions like these. He had literally watched Kurt melt before agreeing - still reluctantly of course.

"Blaine, you're not even packing!" Wes had decided to pipe up again, dragging Blaine out of his thoughts. He shot him a dirty look before chucking a final few items of clothing into his bag and heading towards the bathroom.

"Hold on, Blaine. There's a condition this year."

Blaine froze. He hated Wes' conditions.

"We're all going without something we feel like we normally need. You may have noticed I didn't pack my gavel," Blaine offered up a silent prayer of thanks at this small miracle, "David has left behind his Selena Gomez CD with the pictures in it." Another miracle. "You and Kurt are going without your hair products."

"What?"

Blaine whirled around on the spot, pinning Wes with a death glare. "You can't be serious!"

"Oh yes, I am. You can go a day without hair gel. In fact, you don't have a choice because I've hidden it. So nyahh!" Wes stuck out his tongue and Blaine rolled his eyes before realizing what he had said. He turned back into the bathroom, pulling open his usual cupboard to find it empty. Blaine took a deep breath and pushed his anger back, saving it for later in the trip when they were stuck together and Wes had no choice but to deal with it. He grabbed his toothbrush and chucked it in his bag before re-entering the room.

"Well, in that case, I'm ready." Wes eyed him suspiciously but jumped up from the bed, grabbing Blaine's bag.

"Grab your guitar and let's go!" Blaine smiled at the overexcitable boy before grabbing his guitar case and following him out of the room and down the main staircase. As soon as he spotted David, he cringed knowing what was coming next.

"WESLEY!"

"DAVID!"

The two boys rushed towards each other, meeting in the middle of the foyer in a hug that made everyone present question the sexuality of the council members. Blaine just smirked, knowing this was a tradition of the Annual Road Trip. Then he smiled because Kurt was coming towards him, carrying a bag and eyeing the two boys with a mix of trepidation and humor.