Wedding

Kurt smiled as he surveyed the building full of people. Many of the guests were sitting at the tables, chatting happily and watching Rachel and Mercedes belt out What Is This Feeling. Opening up the mic to New Directions was probably the best idea as it saved more money for the honeymoon and allowed the club to practice for Regionals at the same time. The rest of New Directions were dancing with the other guests or getting ready to perform their own numbers.

Kurt's gaze moved to the happy couple still dancing in the middle of the floor and his smile grew wider. He couldn't remember the last time his father had looked so happy and Carol was positively glowing as her new husband spun her around gently. Apart from a few breaks to talk to guests and one where Burt mysteriously disappeared for a few minutes while Kurt danced with Carol, the couple had stayed on the dance floor for the rest of the night, something Kurt thought he would never see. Teaching his dad to dance, while painful and exhausting, had certainly paid off for the newlyweds. Kurt clapped along with the rest of the audience as the two divas finished their number and curtsied, vacating the stage for the next group. Kurt knew his turn was coming up soon and mentally began to prepare his number in his head, trying his hardest not to think about the fact that he didn't have that special someone to sing it to. Your family and friends are enough, he told himself firmly, reminding himself of the song Finn had sung earlier.

As Santana and Brittany took the stage, they began to sing Come Away With Me. Like a magnet, everybody began to pair up for the slow dance. Kurt sighed, his smile slipping as he watched all the couples swaying on the dance floor. This was the way it had always been when it came to couple things for New Directions. Kurt would always be on the outside, watching people pair up respectively and having nobody to share the moment with. Usually he and Mercedes would make the best of the situation by hanging out together but she was distracted by one of Finn's cousins who currently had his arms around her waist and was spinning her slowly around the floor. Rachel was in Finn's arms and as they moved near Kurt, she looked above his head then caught his eye and gave him a wink before they moved away. Kurt blinked, then decided she was just happy and went back to his morose thoughts.

But before Kurt's internal pity party could go on any longer, a pair of slightly calloused hands dropped over his eyes. Kurt emitted a squeak as a voice laughed. "Guess who?"

Kurt froze. No, it can't be -

"Blaine?"

The hands were removed and Kurt spun to see the Dalton boy standing behind him. "Blaine! What are you -" Kurt froze again as he actually took in his friend.

Blaine had finally ditched the blazer and was dressed in a suit with a silver tie. Of course he is, it's a wedding, Kurt told himself but that didn't stop his friend looking damn good. Of course, a lot of that was to do with - Kurt's eyes moved upwards to Blaine's hair which, instead of being gelled back, was - curly. Not messy curly, but - oh, wow.

"Kurt?" Blaine self-consciously reached up to touch his hair. "Is it bad?"

Kurt shook himself out of his stupor. "No, no! Not at all, it's -" he searched for a word that wouldn't make him sound like a lovesick teenage girl then gave up. "Incredible. You look amazing, Blaine."

Blaine blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks. So do you, Kurt." His eyes lingered on Kurt for a second longer as if taking him in, then he caught Kurt's eye again and smiled. "So, this was all your work." He gestured around the reception.

"Well, New Directions helped actually putting it together, but yeah, I planned it. You like?"

Blaine took his hand and squeezed it, replying, "I love it. You did a wonderful job."