Notebook

Blaine entered the room, heading towards Kurt, who was writing in a notebook. Blaine just had time to catch a glimpse of what looked like a heart before Kurt slammed it shut and looked up at him, dropping the book onto the couch.

"Hey, what are you doing?" he asked, because he was really curious now.

Kurt looked up at him at little too eagerly as he said, "Nothing. Daydreaming, planning weekend outfits."

Blaine eyed the notebook for a second, then remembered why he'd come. "Oh, come on, you're gonna want to see this. I've called an emergency meeting of the Warbler's Council." He felt his heart jump again because is this really what you want to do? But it was too late to change his mind now.

"Oh, sounds serious." Kurt stood up and shouldered his bag.

"Let's hope not, just need to ask them a tiny little favour." Kurt nodded and began to walk away, leaving the notebook on the couch where he had left it.

"Oh, Kurt, you -" Blaine stopped. He really should tell Kurt about the notebook, but...

"Yeah?"

"You ... go on ahead. I've got to tell a couple of others. I'll meet you there in a minute."

Kurt shrugged. "Okay." He walked out of the room, leaving Blaine standing in front of the couch, still staring at the notebook. It was so obvious that Kurt had something to hide, and Blaine now had to weigh it up: his curiosity or Kurt's privacy.

I'll bring it with me to give back to him, Blaine decided. I'm not going to invade his privacy.

But as Blaine picked up the notebook, it fell open and Blaine stopped dead.

There, inside a big loveheart was "Blaine + Kurt"

Blaine stared at the picture for a few seconds, trying to get past his hallucination and see what it actually said. He blinked a few times. No, still there.

Kurt likes me.

Blaine snapped the notebook shut, then turned and half-ran towards the council meeting, pulling out his phone to text Wes as new plans formed in his head.

"We'd like to call on Junior Council Member Blaine Anderson." Wes tapped his beloved gavel.

Blaine stood nervously, noticing Kurt clapping behind him. With a small smile playing about his lips, he addressed the council.

"Thank you for your time, I'll be brief. Certain events have occurred lately and I'd like to announce to you all that I'm in love." Wes raised an eyebrow and Blaine knew he'd be getting grilled once he was out of Council member mode. "I was going to ask permission to do a performance off-campus -"

The entire Warbler group erupted into chaos and Blaine raised his hand as Wes slammed his gavel into the desk. "I was going to, but I've changed my mind. I still believe we should broaden our horizons towards performing outside competitions, but let's save that arg - discussion, for another day."

Blaine half-turned so Kurt was in his line of sight. He was sitting forward, staring at Blaine and he suddenly realized how much he would've crushed Kurt if he had gone through with his original plans. Thank goodness for that notebook. Oh, speaking of which -

"Kurt, you left this back there by the way." He pulled the notebook out of his blazer pocket - Dalton seemed to have an obsession with overly-large pockets which Blaine was thankful for - and tossed it towards his friend, watching as Kurt turned pale and refused to meet his eyes.

Turning back to Wes, Blaine continued, noticing the look of approval. "I'd still like to try something a little bit different though. Council Member Wes, did you bring it?"

"I did, Junior Member Anderson," Wes smirked at the title and a few of the newer Warblers looked frightened, having never seen Wes amused before. "It's over there."

Blaine walked over to the couch that Wes was pointing to and pulled his guitar from behind it to murmurs from the Warblers. "I know we normally do a capella performances but today I'd like to take this one on my own. I've got something to say to someone special here."

Blaine stepped back to the front of the room, making eye contact with Kurt who managed to look terrified, hopeful, eager and confused all in one. "I know this is a favourite of a particular Warbler, so I hope I do it justice."

He strummed the first notes and began to sing

"You make me strong, you make me weak,

You lift me off my feet,

You give me hope when all my dreams

Seem they're out of reach,"

Blaine focused all of his attention on Kurt and everybody else in the room seemed to disappear. This was about him.

"You make me understand,

The way the perfect love should be,"

And that was true. If it weren't for Kurt, Blaine would be chasing Jeremiah around The Gap singing When I Get You Alone - possibly the most inappropriate choice but somehow Blaine had thought it would be romantic.

No. This was what was real.

"Cause sometimes I think of all the things

I should have said

And I hope it's not to late

I wanna make you understand"

"If the world crashes down over me

Well, I know that my life is complete

Cause I've held you in my arms all night

Cause I can't imagine life without you by my side"

Blaine indicated to Wes and David and they gave him the backing vocals for the last chorus as he put down the guitar and walked towards Kurt, kneeling before him.

"Well, if the world crashes down over me (over me)

Well that I know that my life is complete (is complete)

Cause I've held you in my arms all night

And I can't imagine life without you by my side"

Blaine sung the last words in a near-whisper, taking Kurt's hands gently in his. "So," he murmured, "is it too late?"

"Never," Kurt whispered back before leaning in to kiss him.

They weren't aware of the Warblers breaking into excited murmuring around them, or David doing a victory dance and Thad reluctantly giving him money. Looking back on it later, Blaine would wish he had been more aware of the sound of a camera phone going off, but in that moment it was just him and Kurt.

Breaking apart, Blaine began to say something but was stopped by his phone buzzing. He pulled it out to see a message from Wes. There were no words, simply a photo. Blaine turned it in Kurt's direction so he could see the shot of the two of them kissing. Kurt smiled until he noticed the names at the top of the text.

"He sent it to MERCEDES AND RACHEL?" Kurt turned to glare at the Head Warbler, who suddenly looked very interested in his gavel.

"Yeah, and he put it on Facebook too!" David yelled out from the back of the room, waving his iPhone in the air cheerfully and ignoring the look of impending death on his best friend's face.

"Um, meeting dismissed everybody." Wes scrambled out of the room as Kurt glared after him, Blaine trying not to laugh.

"Well, there goes our perfect moment." Kurt sighed. Blaine smiled at him gently.

"Let's make another one then. Check your notebook."

Kurt raised an eyebrow but pulled out the notebook that had started the whole thing and flipped it open. Underneath the Blaine + Kurt, Blaine had drawn a smiley face and written one word.

Forever.