#4. It all went downhill

I quickly ran into the changing room and locked the door behind me.

If I was going to out run someone and their group, I would need to change into something a lot less revealing and clingy.

After that I put my hair into a side fishtail-braid so it wouldn't get in my way if I really had to make a run for it.

With a sigh, I opened the door that I had locked only minutes before and stepped out.

The coast was clear, so I decided to take advantage of the extra amount of time I had to get out of there.

I had finally made it outside, and didn't run into Luca or his group so that was a plus.

But I ran into a slight problem.

Luca and his group were across the parking lot from me.

I just keep my gaze pointed straight ahead as I put in my earbuds and played music to make it look like I was on a run.

When I passed them Luca stared at me, I gave a small smile before I continued to run.

But that was when it all went downhill.

As I turned around to look back I saw my mother's car speed into the parking lot a few feet away from where Luca and his group were standing.

" ROWAN BRIDGET EVANS!", My mother yelled making me freeze in place.

I turned around and ran over to where she was standing with Layla and Collin.

" When were you going to tell me that you worked here?! Sweetie I don't want you to carry my burdens on your shoulders. You're 17 you should be going to parties and hanging out with your friends! And I know that you forged my bosses signature telling me that I got a raise!", She exclaimed as tears ran down her face.

" I'm sorry mom, I just want Layla, Collin and Lilianna to have a better childhood then the one I had. I don't want them to have to feel unwanted or out of place! I want them to be happy! I want you to be happy!"

" Mom's not going to be happy, she has cancer!", Layla wailed.

" What!?"

" It's true I have stage 3 Cancer, I only have 4 years left with you all".

I covered my mouth as a sob tried to make an appearance.

And then I ran...