#20. Knock out

I woke up on a soft surface, I looked around the room and nearly had a heart attack.

All I knew was that, this was not my room,  and that I was not at school.

Then it all came flooding back to me:

I had just knocked the young man out, when I suddenly felt a pinch on the side of my neck. I turned around as fast as I could and yanked the needle that was in my neck out before studying it. 

It was a shot with fluid that would knock anyone or anything out within minutes or even seconds.

" Oh, Rowan you never learn", Luca said as he picked me up.

**********************

" LUCA! I SWEAR TO FLIPPING GOD THAT I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T EXPLAIN WHERE THE HELL AM I?! WHY AM I IN A BEDROOM?! WHY HAVE YOU KIDNAPPED ME?!", I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The door to the bedroom I was in burst open and Luca came in holding Milo and trailing behind him was a middle aged woman with kind eyes.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

" Glad to see you are awake now, darling", the woman said with a strong accent.

" Who are you?", I blurted making her chuckle.

She sat down on the end of the bed I was on and looked me in the eyes.

" I am Jenna, Lucian, Darla, Dayton, Alex, and Maya's mother".

My eyes widened. " I am so sorry! I didn't know!"

" It's okay".

I let out a sigh of relief making Luca start laughing.

I glared at him. " Shut your pie hole!".

" Luca leave but keep Milo here", Jenna told Luca.

Luca handed baby Milo to me, and I instantly cuddled him to my chest carefully.

" Well darling, your parents made a deal with us 6 months before you were born. You are going to marry Lucian. You will bear his children. I did not agree to this but you know I didn't really have any power over my husband, and yeah".

I took a few deep breaths and Milo who suddenly sensed my anxiousness brought both of his tiny hands up to my face and cupped it while looking me in the eyes.

His beautiful baby blue eyes flickered with worry, making my heart melt because he cared for me.

I smiled down at him and he did the same with me, suddenly we heard a flashing sound of a camera.

Milo turned his face and glared at Jenna playfully making me laugh.

" Milo certainly loves you", said a warm female voice.

Jenna looked up and smiled. " Jessica, glad you could join us".

Jessica walked all the way into the room and smiled at me.

Milo squealed before reaching for Jessica who took him from my arms gently.

" I am going to go feed this little one and put him down for his nap".

"Hey, Jessica, I can do that for you", I told her.

Her eyes started watering with happy tears. " You would do that for me?"

I smiled. " Of course, we all need breaks sometimes".

" I LOVE YOU!", Jessica exclaimed.