28: Scooby-Doo and Sparks

"Yes!!!"I scream throwing my hands up before tackling Logan in a hug. He stumbles back a couple steps before wrapping his arms around me gently. I jump back away from him and face the booth director.
After pointing to the huge stuffed Scooby-Doo he unclips it and hands it to me.
It's over half my height, so as I cradle it I can't see Logan who's standing in front of me.
"I always thought these booths were impossible, I guess you just proved that rumor wrong." I shift the giant Scooby to my side and I come face to face with a beaming Logan.
"How about a hot dog now?" I nod happily before following after Logan who falls into step beside me as we head to the side of the carnival with the concessions.
After ordering our hot dogs me, Logan, and Scooby are spread out along a bench munching on our food. We are sat at the far edge of the park where the carnival is. Glancing around I notice we are the only ones in the area besides a couple making out by the fountain to our right.
My skin crawls as I look at them, I can't see either of their faces, but for some reason they look familiar. The honey blonde hair of the boy and the white platinum of the girl. I get a queasy feeling but I avert my gaze and try to ignore the feeling.
Just as I'm looking back out at the carnival I hear yelling. Turning back to the right I see the couple now apart. The boy holding the girl out away from him as she reaches for him. I see him shaking his head and looking guilty and sad, but a shadow is cast right across his face and I can't see who it is.
The girl stops reaching for the boy finally realizing she's being rejecting before spinning around and stomping off.
I tear my gaze away from them to turn towards Logan.
"Thanks for bringing me out here Logan. I needed it."
He smiles before shrugging.
"I enjoyed it too Mer. Thanks for dragging me along." He ends me a wink and I can't help but laugh at how adorable he looks.
After our laughter dies down we both stand up to throw away our trash, but me being the clutz I am, I trip and slam right into Logan. I mumble and apologize, glancing up to see Logan's face less than 4 inches from mine. Gulping I realize that even though he is to die for hot, and an amazing person I don't feel any sparks or butterflies. And thats when it hits me that I don't like Logan like that, like a boyfriend, like I like Matt.
The last thought slips in, and out of nowhere and I step back sighing.
"Look Logan. I really like you. Just not........ Like that." I look up expecting to see him upset or mad, or anything but relieved. Which is exactly what he is.
"Oh thank goodness. I feel the same way, but I didn't know exactly how to tell you." He looks at me shyly. "You are just so amazing, and I didn't want to risk our friendship." I smile back at him, thankful for the friend I've found in this boy in front of me.
"So Mer, who's the guy?" I choke on my own spit. How the heck does he know.
"What?" He just gives me a knowing look.
"You don't feel the sparks the breathlessness with me. But you do with someone. You don't have to tell me but I know there is someone. I've read enough books to be able to spot the clues"
I only gawk at him. How come I didn't have that ability? The breathlessness, the happiness, the sparks I feel around Matt.
Could they really mean what he's saying they do? Do I really like Matt like that?
But the more I think about it the answer becomes clear. Really freaking clear.

Yes, it does.