36:Baseball Pants and Blind

"YES!! WE ARE HERE!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs as we step into the beach house. Matt, Sierra, and Dallas enter the house behind me. All sending me weird looks at my sudden outburst.

But how could I not be happy, its been 3 months since I came home from the hospital, and over half a year since I moved to America. Man, how the time flies.
We had left for Florida yesterday, drove through the night alternating driving, and arrived now at mid morning.
In the past months I had fully recovered, my relationship with Matt had gotten even better. Even though I'm not sure how that was possible, and my friendship with Sierra had grown.

It was so hard deciding on who would come with me, but when the others couldn't come it relieved me of the problem. Thank goodness for family drama and ill relatives.

"We all have our own rooms. Today we will just unpack and rest and tomorrow we will go out and do something." At my orders everyone dispersed to claim rooms. I was left with the one at the end of the hall across from Matt's.
After I was unpacked I went to explore the house.
My grandparents and mom had rented this house for us for a week and a half, totaling 10 days in Florida. The house was just outside the city limits of a small town called Clayburn, and it had some of the prettiest private beaches around.
The house is a faded wood on stilts. The light blue paint fading, with a screened in wrap around porch, and its own personal palm trees and beach in front of and around it.
Inside the front door leads into the front room which is open with the kitchen along the back wall. A wooden counter divides the room, and a door rests in the left corner leading onto the porch facing the ocean. In the middle of the wall to the right is a hallway that has six doors. Two lead to bathrooms, and the other four to bedrooms. All the rooms are scarcely furnished and each have a door leading to the porch. I end up in the room at the end of the hall on the ocean front side.
The walls are a light green and the queen bed is adorned with a light grey comforter. I face plant the soft bed after unpacking my clothes and opening the door letting the sounds and smells of the ocean fill the room.
After an hour of lying on my bed and enjoying the dry heat I pull myself up and check on my house mates. All are asleep and snoring slightly, still fully clothed.
Deciding to enjoy the day since I'm not that tired I slip back into my room to put my swim suit on.
It has high waisted bottoms with a turquoise floral pattern on them, and the top is a solid black peplum. Only an inch or two of my stomach is visible so its not the prime tanning suit, but I'm already fairly tan and today I really just want to swim.
Grabbing a towel and putting a small amount of sun screen on my nose and cheeks I grab my phone and a water bottle before exiting through my porch door and descending the stairs to the beach. Since the house is on stilts there are two staircase on opposite sides of the house to reach the ground beneath.
Taking a deep breath I smile as the salty smell hits my nose and the crashing sound of the waves reaches my ears.
This is probably the best birthday present ever.
I spread the towel out on the sand before pulling my hair into a quick braid and running towards the ocean.
The cool water instantly surrounds me and a sense of peace steals over me. I relax and let myself float under the water, moving back and forth with the waves. I come up for air when needed but otherwise resume my position.
I finally exit the ocean and sprawl out on the huge blanket towel letting the sun dry me and letting the heat cause me to close my eyes.
About half an hour later of doing utterly nothing but relaxing, I hear the sounds of people farther down the beach exiting one of the other beach houses on this stretch of beach. Before long I feel a presense above me and opening my eyes I see a boy around my age standing over me.
He's relatively tall with dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and a wash board stomach. Even though he is most likely considered very attractive I can't help but to compare him to Matt. And hell this boy doesn't stand a chance.
"Hey babe" his voice is smooth and a smirk marks his face. Of gee, I can feel it, here comes a pickup line. "Is that an astronaut suit? Because your body is out of this world." He sends me a wink. I only roll my eyes before replying. I mean seriously pickup lines are all cheesy but when you actually use one its just so horrible. But none the less I'm filing that one away for future use.
I smirk in return. Too engrossed in my little conversation with the boy and I don't notice the approaching footsteps.
"No this is a baseball suit, because my body is out of your league." His face is priceless, and I have to try very hard not to laugh at his expense.
Deep laughter sounds behind my head towards the house and I tilt my head backwards until I see a guffawing upside down Matt.
I can't help but smile, and when our eyes meet he smiles to, still cooling off from his laughing fit.
"Um I'll just be leaving." the boy mumbles before leaving embarrassed and humiliated. Poor kid.
"Got to say Cam, that was pretty damn good." His smile is still blinding but what really catches my attention is his attire.
He is dressed in red swim trunks that sit dangerously low on his hips, not that I'm complaining. His flexing muscles on full display and I can't help but gulp.
Dang, have his abs always looked like that, or have I just been blind? And how does he even have those anyways, I've never heard of him going to the gym? And all we really do is watch movies.
As he turns away from me to look out over the ocean, I see his back.
Dammit! How the hell can even his back be so freaking hot? I mean seriously how can a back be hot?
He turns suddenly and catches me staring, but after he smirks I don't miss the way his eyes wander down my body his green eyes darkening. Ok so we're even.
My breath catches at his expression.
Yup I was definitely blind.