27: Stores and Pjs

I wave at Matt one last time before I close my window and my blinds. Sighing I walk out of my room and down the stairs. Now usually if one of my siblings had something they could use against me I wouldn't take the risk of being in the same room as them with mom. But Caleb is Caleb, and he has always handled his problems by himself, he doesn't get help.
I swing around the edge of the stairs and walk into the kitchen. Ty and Caleb are seated at two of the barstools, Caleb is trying to talk to Ty, but Ty is obviously ignoring him and when his eye land on me he lights up.
"Cameron!" Caleb's eyes snap to me and he narrows his eyes as he takes my attire of Matt's clothes. Mom doesn't turn around, just merely sends a good morning aver her shoulder.
I crawl onto the barstool and poke Ty's side. He slaps my hand away and sends me a glare. But his smile turn into a smug smirk as he takes in my clothes before speaking. "Nice pjs Cameron." Caleb narrows his eyes at me.
"Ya Cameron, where did you get them?" I can tell in his eyes he thinks he has me, but I've changed since he has last got to know me.
"Oh these?" I run my hand down my thigh. "I got them from my favorite store." I send him a sweet smile before snickering as he glares at me harder. I grab some bacon and pass some to Matt before getting up and getting me a glass of milk.
"So Cam how's Aaron?" I almost choke on my milk. I send a panicked glance at Ty who only shrugs. My mom hasleft the room, so I just turn my gaze back to Caleb.
"Excuse me?" Caleb hasn't been in my life in years, so how the heck does he know about Aaron.
"Aaron your boyfriend-"
"He's not my boyfriend. That shitty scumbag tried to get it on with me and when I didn't agree he hit me. That's how he's doing Caleb." His face morphs from shock to anger and back again. "Now do you mind telling me how you know about Aaron?"
His face pales slightly and he pinches his lips together.
"Well!?" I slam my empty glass down and stalk over to the bar. He only pales more and clenches his fists. "Fine don't tell me! It's not like you care anyways!" I stalk past him and up the stairs to my room. I usually don't loose my temper that easily, but Caleb's presence is setting me on edge and has shortened my fuse by a mile.
Stomping into my room, I pull my blinds up only to find Matt's room empty. I wait for a few minutes but when I don't see any sign of movement I decide to text Logan.
What's up?
I pull my clothes off before checking my phone again.
Nothing much. You?
I was hoping to get out of the house. I reply before slipping on a pair of dark ripped skinny jeans and a white and black striped shirt and my red converse.
How about the Carnival that's in town?
Sounds great! :)
We decide that he will pick me up here in thirty and then we will drive to the carnival to hang out the rest of the day.
I head to the bathroom to put on some makeup and fix my hair.
I exit the room with my hair in a loose topknot with my phone and some money in my hand.
I rush down the stair since Logan had just texted me to let me know he was about to pull up.
I spin around the end of the stairs and into the hallway. I glance at my phone only to smack into a brick wall.
A brick wall named Caleb.
"Where are you going?"
I'm not in the mood to beat around the bush, so I answer straight forward.
"I'm going out with Logan." His eyes narrow and he crosses his arms over his broad chest. The light behind his head illuminates his blond hair giving him a halo. If only.....
"Is that the name of the store where you got your new pjs?" I almost laugh, he doesn't even want to acknowledge that I hang out with boys, so he's calling them stores.
"Nope I have a variation of stores I like to visit. Can't just settle on one you know." I send him a wink and sweet smile before pushing past him and out the door.
The expression he had on his face! Priceless!!
I climb into Logan's red mustang after gawking for a second at it.
"Hey Mer." His eyes glance to something behind me. "Uh.... Who's that?" He looks slightly intimidated. I turn around to see Caleb leaning against one of the posts on the porch sending a glare our direction.
"Oh he's my brother, but he's about as smart as the post he's leaning against." I stick my to tongue out at him before we pull out of the drive.
I never claimed to be the most mature, but when it comes to Caleb, I'm beating him by a mile.