31: Presents and Kissing

After the shock wore off, most everyone started laughing. But not Caleb. He fixed an icy glare on a laughing Dallas who never thankfully saw the look.
After everyone settled down I resumed opening the presents.
I got some money and some movies from Caleb and his group.
And when I get to Matt's he looks nervous which throws me off. I mean why would he look nervous about a present? I'm going to love anything he gets me.
I slowly pull the tissue paper out of the sack, my anticipation building as the bag is finally open.
I pull out a small figurine, and smile puzzled at the little figure skiing.
Glancing at Matt he motions for me to look in the bag. Keeping one hand clasped around the little person I pull out the other thing in the bag.
On closer inspection I see it is a glossy brochure for a small ski resort up north of us.
"Deseree Ski Resort,
Collinville CO. " it reads as I slowly open it and scan through it.
"I was wondering I you would like to come with me and my family when we go over thanksgiving break." Matt's voice sounds so nervous I can't help but smile. "I already talked to your mom and she said it was fine, but I guess I should have asked you first, it wasn't my place to assume, and if you don't want to go, I totally get it. I-"
I leap from the floor and tackle him in a bear hug.
"I would love to go." He gives me a small squeeze and lets out a breath of relief before I release him.
"We'll that's all the presents! Who wants to play some games?" Dallas's voice breaks through the silence, everyone's eyes swiveling between me and Matt.
I catch Gamma's eye and she gives me a knowing look. My cheeks heat so I look away and see my mom pulling out all of our board games.
Oh geez.

I plop onto my bed tired from all today's activities. I just dismissed the last of my guests who happened to be my grandparents, and glancing at my clock I see its 11:14. Good grief they were as crazy as teenagers, but I'm not one to talk, I'm usually asleep by this time.
I laugh out loud before a big grin spreads across my face. I get to go to Florida and skiing.
Skiing with Matt.
I drag myself off my bed and into my bathroom. And after changing into my pajamas and taking my makeup off I drag my feet back into my room. I scoop my big glasses off my nightstand before I hear a voice.
"Cam." I look towards my window to see Matt leaning out of his, motioning for me to open mine.
When I open it he motions or me to step aside before he climbs into my room.
"Nice glasses." I blush and go to take them off but his hands close around mine and pushes them back onto my face.
"I meant it. I like them." He brushes a piece of hair away from my face and I get the sudden urge to kiss him. Gosh how cliché can we be?

His bright eyes meet mine and I can't help but lean into his hand.
His eyes pierce mine as if questioning me.
When I don't move away or break eye contact. He slowly starts to lean in, and butterflies erupt in my stomach. I was wondering when they would make their reappearance.
His lips are inches away from mine when he whispers.
"What are you doing to me?"

"Could ask you the same thing." My voice is a breathy whisper, almost a rasp. I lean forward slightly just to make the gap between us even smaller.
My eyes flutter closed as he inches the last open distance and his soft lips gently meld to mine.

This kiss isn't like the last one. For one we aren't drunk, for two we are inside, but most importantly we will both remember it tomorrow.

And as I kiss him back, I can't decide if that's a good thing or not....