12:Skirts and Cheese

I wake up happy, which isn't something that has been happening a lot lately. And then it hits me why I'm happy.
It's not just because I'm happy but that is part of it, but its mainly because of mom and Ty. Last night they were really honestly happy, for the first time in a while. I could see it in their smiles and their laughs, and it made me happy.
Ever since dad died it was like mom's light went out, she was still talking and working but rarely smiling or laughing like she used to. And all the sadness in her, effected me and Ty too.
I mean Dad's death hit us all hard, especially me. I was a daddy's girl after all, but not only that I was in the car with him.
But I decided I needed to suck it up, that I couldn't change the past, but I still blame myself.
Mom on the other hand, didn't try to pretend to be ok. No she went destructive.
She would come home at midnight, drunk. One night she even had a man with her. This lasted for a couple weeks until I had enough. So one night when mom was out I acted the same way she did, I went out got drunk, and brought home a guy at 2 o'clock in the morning. And for the first time in the past couple weeks my mom just happened to be sober. Yup, just my luck.
So I was grounded for a month, but it was worth it because after that she was herself. Well her depressed self, but it was better than the other way. I hid away the sad part of me, and its still hiding. But mom and Ty, they went through all the stages and I'm pretty sure the old thems are returning.
I smile at my fan before rolling out of bed. At least the day looks bright.

The rest of the week went by in a blur, and even though I didn't really mind school, I was jumping for joy when the last bell rang Friday.
During the week I had realized that the girl from the coffee shop, Sierra, was in some of my classes. So we had talked a lot during the week and had instantly hit it off, so we made plans for us to go to the mall tomorrow. I was going to pick her up at her house, which she had given me directions to, and then we would go out to eat and then hit the mall.
So as I skipped out the main doors of school, in my Thor tee, and ripped jeans, I couldn't help but over hear this group of girls gossiping.
"Have you seen the new girl? I mean what is with her, is she a boy with all those comic shirts? I mean please!" one fake bimbo snarls, or more like squeaks.
"I know I mean how is she even friends with Matt and Dallas?" another one says. "she's not even pretty!"
Ok that stung.
"Ill tell you how, she's just a little slut, and probably lets them in her pants in exchange for their fake friendship-" she's cut off by me stepping angrily into their group.
"Um excuse me! But I'm not the one who probably just did it in the janitors closet." I say motioning at her outfit.
"You bitch!" she shrieks. I just laugh.
"You see, you can't even deny it. Believe me these pants are too tight for anyone to get into. unlike you, I don't give easy access to everyone who happens to look my way." I again motion to her skirt that her butt is practically hanging out of.
She stops before replying and her eyes widen. And that's when I hear deep laughter behind me. I turn to see Matt trying to hold in his laughter, while Dallas obviously isn't trying. The girls scowl and huff before heading off. I smirk as the lead girl tugs down her skirt while walking away.
"Ok, I'm starving, y'all want to buy me some Mc'Ds?" I say heading towards Matt's car since he drove today.
"Sure, ill meet you guys there." Dallas says still laughing. I give him a shove before getting in the car with Matt.
"So who knew, Cam's a feisty one." He smirks my way.
"Aren't you now supposed to say " I like them feisty" or some other cheesy line?" I say looking his way.
"I'm offended," He places his hand over his heart. "I thought you had more faith in me Cam, I'm not that cheesy." He smirks pulling out of the school lot.
"Nope, your worse." And then it is my turn to smirk.